Service was excellent although desserts took a long time to arrive. Seafood hors d'oeuvres were lovely but the whiting main was somewhat minimal and the extra charge for sides was unexpected.Having said that, the apprentice deals being offered to the staffare superb and should be replicated elsewhere.
Just not entirely sure of my overall opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George & Dragon Rowde (near Devizes) specialises in seafood delivered daily from St Mawes. Our menu is complemented by a full a-la- carte menu offering meat and game dishes using locally sourced produce. A sixteenth century coaching inn, it combines modern day style with bundles of country character. Planning an event - our bespoke catering business, George Goes Out, will organise it for you. We look forward to seeing you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your George and Dragon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- George And Dragon Hotel Devizes
- George And Dragon Devizes, Wiltshire