We had a great welcome at the G & D - and there was a very high standard of service throughout.
We stayed in Room 1 - which is ensuite. Beutiffully and comfortably furnished.
Food was fantastic - with excellent attention to detail - we shall return.!
We walked to the famous Caen Hill locks from the pub- and met some very friendly villagers on the way!
We are now thinking about when we can go again.
The pub is on the main road - so you are likely to hear some traffic noise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George & Dragon Rowde (near Devizes) specialises in seafood delivered daily from St Mawes. Our menu is complemented by a full a-la- carte menu offering meat and game dishes using locally sourced produce. A sixteenth century coaching inn, it combines modern day style with bundles of country character. Planning an event - our bespoke catering business, George Goes Out, will organise it for you. We look forward to seeing you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Book Direct Rooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your George and Dragon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- George And Dragon Hotel Devizes
- George And Dragon Devizes, Wiltshire