Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
smpc2
Wells, United Kingdom

I can't rate this hotel high enough

Review of Whatley Manor
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Feb 2024
As you drive up the gates open and you are impressed before you get in the door. We were given amazing suite and it was our birthday and they were kind enough to give us champagne and a birthday cake with a candle. Everywhere was clean. The room we had a fridge, coffee machine and TV in sitting room and bedroom. Bathrobes and slippers.
Beds were comfortable
Had a safe too
Then the spa is amazing
We were showed around
Lots of special touches in this hotel
Massage I had was amazing
The gym is great
They don't try and sell you anything which is great.
Dyson hair dryers in changing room
We had a buffet dinner included and was amazed wine was included too.
The staff were lovely
I can't rate this hotel high enough
I have been to several 5 star hotels but this one was great in every way.
They clean your shoes
Park your car
Help you in any way they can
I will definitely come back
Date of stay: February 2024
Room Tip: Take advantage of what they offer
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 2 Mar 2024
Good afternoon,

Thank you for your fantastic descriptive review. We are so glad that you found the facilities impressive and glad that we were able to treat you to a little birthday treat. We look forward to welcoming you back to Whatley again soon.

Warm regards,

Oliver H (Hotel Operations Manager)
    1.6 miles from Whatley Manor
      £113
    2.2 miles from Whatley Manor
    Restaurant
    Double room at Keno Lodge
    Contact accommodation for availability.
    8.3 miles from Whatley Manor
    • Lol.travel
    3.7 miles from Whatley Manor
    View more hotels in Easton Grey
    1,284 results
    All reviews tasting menu dining room afternoon tea the general manager michelin star worth every penny attention to detail stunning hotel dining experience before dinner superior room special treat relaxing break sandwiches service charge main restaurant from start to finish
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 23 February 2024 via mobile

What a great hotel. Superb staff and that’s what makes a good hotel great. We had room 8.. a junior suite. Beautiful room. Walk in wardrobe huge bath and very comfy bed. I love that the hotel is focussed on sustai ability. We had lunch in the lounge both days.. this is a lovely relaxing room. Roaring log fire on cold wet day. Dinner in greys was excellent but the experience in the dining room was superb. spending time in the kitchen with Ricki and team really added to the experience. The whole team were superb.
    I had a great massage with Jess. Sadly didn’t get to walk around the grounds due to the English weather. We will have to go back!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Oliver Harris, Guest Services / Front Office at Whatley Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2024

Good afternoon and thank you for your heart-warming review of your stay! Room 8 is one of my personal favourites with all the orange colours! We are also glad to see that our sustainability efforts have been recognised and that dinner in both restaurants was positive for you both. We certainly look forward to welcoming you both back soon on a nice warm summers day when the gardens are blooming!

Warm regards, Oliver H (Hotel Operations Manager)

Reviewed 21 February 2024 via mobile

The food was good however when I pay £80 for a bottle of wine I do not expect to get up have to go around the table and pour myself the wine, same goes for the water, the restaurant was not busy - expected better customer service, especially as the service charge is automatically added

2  Thank robertson2459

Good afternoon and thank you for your constructive review. I am saddened to hear that on this occasion, our service levels have not lived up to your expectations. You should not have needed to pour your own wine, or water and I would like to sincerely apologise for this not being poured for you. If you would like to reach out to me on oliver@whatleymanor.com I would be more than happy to speak with you further and seek more details.

Warmest regards, Oliver (Hotel Operations Manager)

Reviewed 21 February 2024 via mobile

2nd time here. Very comfortable and relaxing stay. Food was amazing in the Dining room restaurant, and we also had an enjoyable meal in their other restaurant too!

Spa was not too busy and we managed to get space on both days. We will return again in the not too distant future!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Oliver Harris, Guest Services / Front Office at Whatley Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2024

Good evening,

Many thanks for your review and we are so glad that you decided to stay with us again! It is great to hear that you enjoyed both restaurants, we always try our hardest to create the perfect dining environment in every outlet here at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay soon!

Warmest regards, Oliver H (Hotel Operations Manager)

Reviewed 19 February 2024 via mobile

I bought a spa treatment, float pod, for a friend who wasn’t able to make it so I used it instead. The reason I chose this hotel was because I was looking for luxury but above all, cleanliness as both me and my friend are very sensitive to dirty spaces - especially careful when picking water related places. The hotel and the spa itself look lovely, the staff are also friendly and very welcoming however the filth inside that pod made it impossible to relax and I wish I hadn’t driven the 2 hour plus round trip from home. I was suppose to have 1 hour treatment, after I got in the pod and turned on the light, I gave it 5 mins and had to get out. The walls were slimey when bumping into them, there was a large build of of pink sludge in the ridge around the door, along with a solid rim of dirt/fake tan. To the back of the pod it was a black rim, suggesting mold. I was too scared to touch. When I arrive I was told it was VERY important to shower afterwards to get the salt off, there was NO hot water. I was already upset that the dirty pod had ruined my treat and so I couldn’t face a cold shower. As I was taken straight into the pod room and not into the changing rooms where there was a locker, I had no choice but to get dressed again and leave absolutely covered in thick salt deposits. When I was leaving, I told the person on the desk that when he asked if I was now nice and relaxed, I pointed out I was leaving 45 mins early, covered in salt because the shower wasn’t working. I was offered to shower off in their main area but as I was already dressed, ruined my clothes already and was now very uncomfortable having drying salt rubbing on my skin, I didn’t want to get clean and then have to put back on those same salt clothes. When I told them it was far from clean, I was told ‘that can’t be possible because they put in 3 loads of chemicals in a day’ well that may well be the case but you also have to physically get and and clean something for it to be effective, with a cloth, and take away the filth, not just bleach the filth so it’s can’t be seen but is still there.
    Very disappointing and I’m very glad that I ended up being the one who had to endure this experience as I would have been SOOOO embarrassed to have sent my friend there and them have to experience this. I couldn’t get the photos to show the black rim for what it was because of the lighting (and I also just wanted to get out really bad) - TRIED TO ATTACH PHOTOS BUT TRIP ADVISOR APP WONT ALLOW

Room tip: Very little - no signage when arrive to find reception and spa
    Trip type: Travelled solo
    1  Thank Jemma F
    Oliver Harris, Guest Services / Front Office at Whatley Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2024

Dear Jemma F,
    Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so sorry that your experience was not that which you hoped it would be. The Floatation Pod is generally very well received. With regards to the cleanliness of the facility, the water is automatically filtered and safely dosed with a sterilising, chemical after each use. The equipment is also sterilised manually by our team on a regular basis. Any residue that you may have noticed may be from limescale remover, or the deep cleansing detergents which is also used daily. The filtering and dosing system removes all other residues.
    The water is extremely dense with essential minerals and salt, the density enables floatation and buoyancy, and also has natural antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral properties. This very high concentration of salt can leave the inside surfaces of the pod feeling viscous to the touch. I am sorry if your experience left you with the impression that the flotation pod was not well maintained.
    We were remiss in not explaining to you how the shower is operated so that you would have been able to thoroughly remove the salt off your skin. You should have also been directed to the changing rooms before your treatment, we fell short in this aspect of our guest care for which we apologise.

Reviewed 18 February 2024 via mobile

If your looking for a quiet place to relax and enjoy great food and service, this is the one. This beautiful hotel has it all, a spar treatment is a must followed by relaxing in the pool, all finished off with some great food. The rooms are excellent too, and also ways remember room service. We’ll be back !

Good evening,

Many thanks for your great review, and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's great to hear that you'll be back and we look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.

Warmest regards, Oliver H (Hotel Operations Manager)