“My Review For 'The Lamb Inn'”
Review of The Lamb

The Lamb
Ranked #1 of 2 Hindon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 June 2014

When me and my mum first went to the lamb inn, the overall presentation and style of the hotel was amazing. It gave a cute, cozy impression. Unfortunately, it was raining hard when we arrived but it didn't matter as the Lamb Inn was very welcoming. We were kindly taken to the reception where we had a sneak peek at the dining room. The whole place is a rustic, antique red 1960s sort of style and had no faults. Then, the absolutely lovely reception lady, i think she was the manager. She was the most loveliest lady i think i have ever met. She offered to to take our bags and led us up to our room. We settled down in our amazing room. 2 single beds, one TV and a amazing wardrobe. The funny thing was that because the building was situated on the hill, our room was deeply slanted. I wouldn't put anything against the overall rating of The Lamb Inn. The meals were absolutely smashing and you can take drinks from the bar up to your room. My only concern was when we came back on the 2nd day, the door was open, not wide open but you could push it open and it had obviously been cleaners. That was my only issue but everything else was fantastic me and my mum are going to regularly visit there from time to time. It was unbelievable! Can't wait to go back again!

Room Tip: Choose the room with windows that you can see out on to the village as it is peaceful and try to get...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were unfortunate enough to stay thankfully only one evening this week . The place is not just dated its dirty . The room we had number 8 had a very bad stain up the wall which looked like vomit ! The bath had hairs in and dust and grim everywhere . I wanted to check out but my husband said it's only one night so we ate out at The Compasses near Tisbury which was great .
I didn't really want to risk much breakfast the next morning so thought I would have cereal but upon taking a look at the cereal jars I decided not as they were stuck with dust and had hairs on them , the jugs of milk, juice etc where no better. I was told on my checkout that Youngs where taking over from that day well all I can say is they gave a BIG job on . My advice is don't go until atleast Youngs have had time to give it the makeover it requires

Room Tip: Shouldn't imagine there is one
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cosyteapot
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The lamb inn is a Pub / Restarant hotel with a good selections of real ales, whiskeys etc. The bar and restaurant has a friendly relaxed atmosphere and the staff were very helpful & accomodating. The hotel decor is very tartan but the rooms are finished to a good standard with Neals Yard toiletries in each room. The beds were very comforatble and there was Digital tv, complimentary WIFI throughout & Aircon in the room. The hotel is a little old and as such the floors are a little creaky with not much sound inulation between rooms but having said that my stay was very quiet.

Over all was great value for money.

Room Tip: The suite's are very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The Lamb at Hindon is a very old inn, replete with several bedrooms containing four poster beds, and a gracious warmth in the pub area. We were very comfortable in our four-poster, and enjoyed gracious hospitality from our hosts. The Lamb is one of a group of four inns/restaurants, which provides them with benefits and just a few drawbacks for the guests. Most notable was that the restaurant menu only changes once per month - most of the local people go elsewhere once they have tried a new menu, so the pub area is not as lively as it might be. The food, however, is plentiful and excellent. The location is very nice - Hindon is a lovely village (with one other pub), and very close to many areas for touring - Stonehenge, Salisbury, Old Wardour Castle. We loved the pub garden across the street as well.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a four-poster room; they are lovely and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had to stay near Hindon and choose The Lamb Inn.
Everything was near to perfect.
Nice welcoming, easy check in and check out, with some help with my luggage! The room was lovely with some nice Neal Yards products which was a treat after a long day.
Everything in the room was good, lovely towels, nice pillow, good bedding.....
The Chef called sick in the afternoon so I could not stay for dinner but the lovely lady at the reception apologise and book a table in the gastro pub next door (food was nice and not expensive).
Really helpful and lovely staff allowing me to check out a bit later,
I would recommend this hotel for Business (really good wifi) but for a nice week end away.. the village is really lovely!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed one night. The staff looked extremely tired when we arrived at 4.00 pm. So the welcome lacked real warmth. The room was quirky but very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The room had all the amenities required including good quality shower gel and shampoo and tea making facilities.

The evening meal was fine. Good value for money. Posh pub food. However, there was only one staff serving and the dining room was full. We were not in a hurry which is just as well.

Breakfast was again served by the same girl. She really does work very hard. The actual cooked breakfast was good but the choice apart from that was poor. We again waited quite a while before being served and before we actually got our breakfast.

I had a high expectation of my visit after viewing the web site video. The Lamb Inn does not come up to that expectation. However, as a quirky old pub it is fine if perhaps a little expensive.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Booked via late rooms last minute. When we arrived welcome was spalling , we were told we've spoken to late rooms about this before they shouldn't have booked you in! Handled very badly and we felt a bit embarrassed. After we were about to leave manager said he could make a room up for us if we sat in the bar .
Stairs to room need vacuuming and room needed a deep clean.
As did the downstairs bar area.
However we decided to stay nice bathroom with freestanding bath, but no accessories to wash you hair!
Ate in restaurant , service very slow , painfully slow and we were told they were understaffed due to sickness. One waitress on duty did her best and worked very hard. We ordered dessert and waited over half an hour for it so we got up, left and went back to our room.
Mattress needs replacing as very uncomfortable and you could feel every spring.
Again like a previous reviewer we were awoken early morning by an intruder alarm, so obviously a reoccurring theme here !

Over all , lovely area and would be a lovely hotel with investment and attention to detail!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Tuscany21
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hindon
The Pembroke Arms Hotel
#4 of 23 in Shaftesbury
The Compasses Inn
The Compasses Inn
#2 of 4 in Tisbury

Been to The Lamb? Share your experiences!