“Lovely”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The food here was delicious, it took a while to choose what we wanted as there were so many yummy things on the menu, I could have anything!! I went for the sirloin steak in the end and it was delicious, cooked to perfection. I wasn't sure if it would be quiet or not being a mid week night but there were plenty of other tables in so there was a nice atmosphere. Will definitely be going back again soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

On Monday evenings round our way most restaurants take a day off, which was the main reason I decided on The Vine Tree for a business meeting.

Next time I go there it will be simply because I'll look forward to another meal with high quality ingredients that are well seasoned and perfectly cooked (Rack of lamb with celeriac dauphinoise potatoes and ratatouille) in a lovely country pub. My colleague thought the mussels he had were delicious. Good range of dishes on the menu, some very simple and some more obviously aimed at gastro-pub foodies - I thought all priced appropriately.

For a driver it was nice to have a wide range of decent wine choices by the glass or carafe. The pinot noir was very good.

Well worth a 5-10 minute detour off the M4 - on any day of the week.

TaraPunter, Manager at The Vine Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Another complimentary review that we are eternally grateful for. I never tire in reading such comments, so thank you. We pride ourselves on being the host of not only personal lunches and dinners but also a number of business meetings throughout the week. I'm so pleased that we were able to meet your requirements in both the food and drink areas. We look forward to seeing you again, maybe for another Pinot Noir!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Delayed this as due to illness, and as the weather was so wet in February, glad we waited until March. Had to park in a big field and with a new car was so glad the mud was dry and set!

However, once in the Gastropub we were soon served; a good selection for Sunday lunch but not spoilt for choice. Surprisingly the roast beef was served to your liking! WOW! I love my beef really rare and my Husband prefers it medium which is what we had. Lovely food, lovely roasties and all piping hot. Fabulous horseradish and mustard. The wine choice too was excellent.

And then came the pudding.................... the most memorable and has to be the best pudding we have ever had. Treacle tart which was so delicious we were in heaven and this was accompanied by a scoop of Honeycomb icecream. We declared it "Heaven on a plate" and that is not all - we so loved the one scoop of almost melted icecream that I have to confess we did something we have never done before and that was ordered another serving of Honeycomb icecream to experience it on its own.......... Cannot wait to return and hope its on the menu!!!!

Thank you for the time and effort taken in leaving this review. I'm pleased your new car didn't get dirty using our temporary overflow car park whilst we have work done to our lovely Italian Terrace and outside space! We truly believe that Roast Beef SHOULD be served to your liking, in the same way a Steak is; so thank you for appreciating this little detail! Our Honeycomb Ice Cream is such a treat! It's very popular so I imagine it will stay on the Menu for a while; fingers crossed it stays that way for your next visit!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

If you are looking for great food and service in a casual rural location look no further than the Vine Tree.

We booked dinner for two at 7:30pm on a Saturday and were surprised and a little concerned that it was already packed when we arrived and these was a big party in the room next to the bar.

We don't eat meet but there was a great choice on the menu for us veggies.

There was no need to worry about having to wait for our food. The service was friendly & efficient and the kitchen was on the ball and coped easily.

The food, service and atmosphere was excellent & we'll be back.

WOW! What a delightfully complimentary review! The hard work my team and I put into ensuring our guests have a pleasant time really pays off upon reading such comments! We're thrilled to have been able to make your special day such a treat. It sounds like you came on one of our customers' 50th Birthdays! We love hosting such events but do all we can to ensure that customers just after an intimate meal also do not forgotten. I'm glad you feel this was the case! We all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Booked to take my elderly mum out for her birthday, The Vine Tree did not disappoint. Great choice of meals including size which was a real bonus with someone who finds normal portion main courses over whelming . Food was lovely and tasty, atmosphere was warm, friendly and relaxing, staff very attentive and observant. We had not mentioned mums birthday but staff must have noticed us toasting her , for at the end of the meal she chose not to have a desert but was absolutely go smacked and delighted when staff presented her with a birthday ice cream with candle and chocolate wording. ( as can be seen on photos ) thank you for the lovely gesture it made her night! The only reason not giving 5stars , i requested medium steak , but came a little too under done for me. Otherwise would thoroughly recommend. Ps creme brûlée to die for !!

I'm so pleased we made your Mums special day hopefully one to remember. I wish you had mentioned about your Steak, we would have been more than happy to rectify the issue! I hope you return so we can aim for the 5* visit! We do aim to make any special occasions that one bit better and it's so lovely that such a gesture is appreciated by yourselves. I look forward to seeing you again soon!