Our 2 night stay at Whatley Manor was my 'significant' birthday surprise courtesy of my hsuband. First impressions as the gates swung open to the 'hidden' courtyard was wow and the weekend just kept delivering to that standard.
We are dinner in the brasserrie on Friday and had breakfast there on both days. Food, service and staff excellent. Staff friendly, lots of choices and all food consumed very tasty. I particularly recommend the fondue starter in the evening and the rhubab yoghurt available in the morning.
Our room or rather shoudl I say rooms (upgraded to a great suite in the top of the house) was well laid out, comfortable, quirky and had great veiws across the gardens. Bathroom well laid out with shower and freestanding bath.
Spent Saturday in the Spa just lazing around - need I say more. Treatnents were excellent, facilities were top class and again staff were friendly and helpful - what a great way to spend a day.
Dinner on Satruday was in The Restaurant. Food, atmosphere and service completely lived up to expectations. We had tasting menu with paired wines and it didn't really miss a beat througout what were probably 10 courses with canapes etc. Happily full at the end and lots of great flavours to savour.
We walked around the gardens on Sunday morning and vowed that we had to come back when the flowers were out.
Overall, as the title says - outstanding - I've been fortunate to stay in some really great hotels and Whatley Manor is amongst the bext I have ever stayed in.
We will be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whatley Manor is a grown-up getaway in the heart of the Cotswolds. Set in 12 acres of gardens with 26 distinctly different areas. Come on in and discover a whole new relaxed and very enjoyable experience. Try Grey’s Brasserie for a leisurely lunch, dinner or chilled glass of wine. Or the innovative tasting menu with specially selected wines by our sommelier in Michelin one-starred restaurant 'The Dining Room'. Discover The Green Room where chefs prepare small plates of expertly crafted food in front of you. Perfect for events and private parties. Immerse yourself in tranquillity at Aquarias Spa featuring Natura Bissé Pure Air Bubble Suite. Cosy up watching a film in our cinema. Whatever you decide to do. Discover more at Whatley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Odigeo, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Whatley Manor Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whatley Manor Easton Grey
- Whatley Manor Hotel Easton Grey
- Whatley Manor Hotel & Spa Malmesbury, Wiltshire