This was our first visit to Whatley Manor, but it won't be our last! The hotel has 15 rooms and 8 suites and we booked a standard double which included breakfast + newspapers. The hotel is tucked away in the countryside close to Malmesbury and just the driveway up to the hotel was breathe taking with a tantalising glimpse of the beautiful garden (12 acres). The reception committee was waiting in the courtyard no doubt alerted by us driving through the gate at the top of the drive. Luggage was taken and an offer to park the car was ventured. At reception we discovered our standard room had been upgraded to a superior room which was a good start. The staff, whilst performing their tasks in a formal, efficient and very correct way, managed to be very friendly also, and this is a miracle of their training I am sure. Our room was delightful and well appointed, a haven of relaxation. The Spa, where treatments were available although we didn't avail ourselves of them, had a steam room, sauna and spa pool. However, the pool whilst ideal for jacuzzi enthusiasts was a bit limited for swimming, but as it's meant to be a spa pool, swimming is not its main function.
We had booked our dinner in the main dining room under the direction of two-starred Michelin chef Martin Burge. Whilst you will need deep pockets (£85 a la carte including canapés amuse bouche, pre-desserts etc, £110 for the 7 course tasting menu), take it from me it is well worth it and is without fault. A word about breakfast. My test for a quality breakfast service is can a hotel provide me with a correctly cooked scrambled egg delivered hot to me? Passed with flying colours! From the beautiful gardens and terraces to the relaxing and peaceful lounges this is place to go to be totally pampered. If you can go for it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cotswolds Country Manor House Hotel with 15 Room and 8 Suites. Set in 12 acres of charming English country gardens. Two dining experiences including the Michelin two-starred restaurant The Dining Room and Le Mazot, the casual brasserie. The sumptous Aquarias Spa restores mind and body to a new harmony. Take up residence in the private cinema to watch your favourite film. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Agoda, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Whatley Manor Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whatley Manor Easton Grey
- Whatley Manor Hotel Easton Grey
- Whatley Manor Hotel & Spa Malmesbury, Wiltshire