Spent one night at Whatley Manor with two friends as a joint birthday treat. The prices reflect the standards, and despite a frosty reception from the lady on the front of house, our experience warmed up beautifully from there. The grounds are beyond manicured, and there's a peace and calm there that was a world away from my daily reality. We had lunch and cocktails on the terrace, surrounded by the scent of jasmine and gorgeous flowers. Was slightly underwhelmed by the lunch menu-pretty standard fare, nothing all that exciting-and was gobsmacked by a prawn cocktail for £27 but it was all perfectly presented and service was great. The spa was sublime, with all the attention to detail you'd expect for the price and a good range of steam rooms and chill out areas. They upgraded us free of charge to a suite, so we were delighted with our room, and had a lovely cocktail in the lounge before our dinner in the brasserie. The decor is swiss style, so maybe more winter friendly but the service and food was great, and we weren't disappointed by the choice not to go Michelin. Slept beautifully, and had a wonderful breakfast in the garden in the sun the following morning. Greeted by the manager who seemed genuinely interested in us, and then ensured the waiter brought us a cake as we had mentioned it was a birthday treat night away. Spent all day again in the spa and then had a lovely afternoon tea on the terrace before we reluctantly left. My only regret was not having my partner there as it would have been even more special if I was able to share it with him, so planning an autumn trip back together. Not to be missed. Don't let the prices put you off. You get what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cotswolds Country Manor House Hotel with 15 Room and 8 Suites. Set in 12 acres of charming English country gardens. Two dining experiences including the Michelin two-starred restaurant The Dining Room and Le Mazot, the casual brasserie. The sumptous Aquarias Spa restores mind and body to a new harmony. Take up residence in the private cinema to watch your favourite film. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and World Independent Hotel Promotion so you can book your Whatley Manor Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whatley Manor Easton Grey
- Whatley Manor Hotel Easton Grey
- Whatley Manor Hotel & Spa Malmesbury, Wiltshire