“Beautiful Restaurant, Beautiful Food”
Review of Radnor Arms

Radnor Arms
Ranked #7 of 33 Restaurants in Malmesbury
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Exmouth, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Restaurant, Beautiful Food”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

While on the way back from a day in the Cotswolds we stopped for dinner at the Radnor Arms as the building caught our eye and we didn't fancy waiting to get to somewhere further down the M4. It was unfortunate, but not surprising, to learn that our little shihtzu/westie cross wasn't allowed in the bar area, but as it was a nice evening we decided to sit outside in the 'beer garden' at the rear of the pub. We were made very welcome, despite the dog. The beer garden was actually a courtyard at the rear by the bins, but the seating was not so close to them as to be unpleasant and to be fair there didn't seem to be much else that could have been done about it. The seating area itself was clean and tidy and was in no way unsanitary, but it had the look of a storage/utility area with tables in rather than a planned beer terrace.

Service was prompt and pleasant throughout the night, even when the main bar started to fill up we weren't forgotten. As I hadn't seen the bar much due to the dog (though to be honest I could've gone and had a look!) I asked for a good local real ale and was offered Doom Bar, which is more local to me than to the Radnor, but it's one of my favourites so I didn't complain!

The food was glorious. I myself had a starter of creamy mushrooms and bacon on toast (which was a little salty, probably owing to the bacon, but otherwise very good), followed by a main of pan-roasted duck breast on cabbage and mashed potato in a red wine sauce, which was very, very nice. For dessert unfortunately my original choice of a white chocolate brownie was the only thing on the menu unavailable that night (as is usually the case with me!), so I had a Lemon Mess (a citrus and honeycombe take on an Eton Mess) which was delicious. My friends thoroughly enjoyed their meals too; they both had different steaks and sauces, and all were excellent and cooked just right.

The price was also very reasonable, with most main courses below £10 (£15 for the steaks I think, with home-made sauces charged separately) and most starters around the £4 mark. Very reasonable indeed for the quality.

In short, I'd highly recommend this to anyone passing by, though I would recommend eating inside if possible.

• Visited August 2013

Tetbury, United Kingdom
“pleasant and refreshing stopping point”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

If you're on the road to Malmesbury from the M4 its worth a lunch stop at the Radnor Arms. Especially good is the beer battered cod and chunky chips or the gammon steak, egg and chips. And you can enjoy a fine pint too with many guest ales and ciders.
We were on an 8 mile walk along the Palladian Way from Brokenborough to Hullavington and this was a pleasant and refreshing stopping point.

• Visited August 2013
Oxford
“Excellent service and food!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Excellent pub with good food, the landlady Paula couldn't have been more helpful when organising a large table for 12 people for lunch. Would be happy to return if ever in the area again!

• Visited July 2013
Newport, United Kingdom
“cotswold welcome”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Came across the Radnor Arms on our way home from Cirencester on entry into this excellent building we were met be the landlady Paula her welcome made us feel at home right away she was so pleasant and welcoming we ordered our food from the extensive menu and was also point to the specials board, the pub was very cosy, once the food arrived in a short time it was presented excellently and tasted superb,we highly recommend the Radnor even after this being our first visit but it wont be our last cannot recommend this pub and so friendly management and staff more highly pop in and judge for yourselves you will not be disappointed

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank david w
Truro, United Kingdom
“Everything a Cotswold Pub should be”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

The Radnor Arms is an excellent Cotswold Pub. Inside the imposing exposed stone exterior you'll find a warm welcome and a great selection of well kept real ales and ciders. The food is excellent, having eaten here 6 or 7 times we have never been disappointed. It is unashamedly pub food, but very good pub food at that, for around £6-£13 per main course there is an excellent selection, all of which are generously proportioned and well cooked. We have very much made this our local pub of choice in the Malmesbury area and can highly recommend it, whether for food, drinks, or both. If you haven't visited in the last year you really should pop back, under new ownership the place is unrecognisable.

• Visited July 2012