“Business Lunch”

The Birdcage
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Malmesbury
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Authentic Italian restaurant/pizzeria offering traditional thin crust Italian pizzas, pasta, salads and large selection of anti pasti dishes, we offer a fabulous gluten free and/or vegan options on all meals, all topped off with organic wines and local and Italian beers and house made desserts.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Took someone for a business/ friends lunch. Atmosphere, service and food were great! Very impressive!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We ate here twice whilst on holiday (a dinner and a lunch). On our first visit, I was offered the option of vegan "cheese" instead of going without real cheese. They also have the options of cheese/dairy free, and veggie, so all bases covered. This is the first vegan pizza I have had anywhere and it was fabulous. Everthing was really fresh and cooked to perfection. My husband said it was the best pizza he had ever had - anywhere. For a light lunch the next day we had bruchetta and dairy-free ice cream. The staff are really friendly and helpful, and the general ambience was great. Will definitely be going back. Thanks guys, you rock!

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Went for the first time this month (May 2014) and I am definitely coming back soon, the staff is warm and friendly and the pizzas are just great, I haven't tried anything other than the pizza, but thats precisely why I'll be coming back, 10 out of 10 experience.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We ate here late one night after several other places had finished serving for the night. The staff were friendly and happy to keep serving customers after 9pm which was good as we were not thr last ones in. We had a beer each which were good local ales, albeit a bit pricey. The pizzas were nice but the menu itself is a bit odd. Each pizza seems to have one ingredient different from the next, with about 20 choices all very very similar to each other! I can't vouch for the other dishes on the menu but they looked good as they went out to other tables.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Went here again early April, and was happy to see the food and service was just as good as the first time.

I had the "bruschetta pomodoro" followed by a "Foxley Road". Both were lovely, very fresh ingredients and I am a fan of authentic thin pizza bases. My wife went for a salad (I think it was called Elmers salad), which she said was delicious, and the Burningvale pizza. The organic chianti is also a nice smooth red, I can recommend it.

Service was both warm and efficient.

My favorite restaurant in Malmesbury.