The Old Bell Hotel
US$111
US$100
Hotels.com
Snooty Fox Hotel(Tetbury)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$210
  • Restaurant
US$252
The Ormond at Tetbury(Tetbury)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$153
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
The Priory Inn(Tetbury)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$217
US$175
US$170
Hotels.com
Bell House Hotel(Sutton Benger)
US$133
Priceline
US$59
Travelodge
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsoldest hotelmalmesbury abbeylovely old hotelnight portercoffee makersteeped in historyold buildingpublic roomsbeautiful buildingthe main housefull englishlots of charactersconesbed was very comfortablethe ground floorvery pleasant staylounge area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed first at The Old Bell in early summer and the again in September - fantastic both times! Would highly recommend this hotel, honestly think it's the loveliest hotel my husband and I have stayed in. The food, service, rooms, bar and lounge areas are all of the top quality. The staff deserve a special mention, courteous and highly professional. This hotel is an absolute gem do stay and and dine there you will love the experience. Cannot recommend highly enough, we are definitely planning our third visit!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Our room in the stable block was accessed from reception by climbing a set of stairs, walking along a corridor, going down some stairs, turning left and then going upstairs again. The room was a decent size but was dominated by twin beds pushed together to form a very large superking bed. It had only one hardback chair to sit on and no information was provided about the hotel and the surrounding area. We had to enquire at reception about meal times.
The public rooms in the main part of the hotel were large and inviting and the dining rooms were
comfortable. The dinner and breakfast were excellent.

Room Tip: Ask to view your room before you decide to take it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We would have stayed two nights had there been space on the Saturday but we were content with our one night stay in a small suite to which we were upgraded, 32 in the stable block. We went for the fine dining DB&B package and dinner was excellent with wonderfully attentive and welcoming service and beautifully presented food accompanied by a good recommendation of wine by the glass to match our choice. Breakfast was good and there are comfortable lounges though, with the cooler weather having arrived, it would have been good to have the open fires burning ... Only one was and only in the evening - a good one in bar before dinner.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2013

On Monday my friend and I booked lunch at The Old Bell to celebrate my friends birthday. As it was a special occasion I emailed ahead to arrange some champagne on arrival and also a celebration cake for after the meal. This was arranged perfectly! And upon arrival, we were shown to the cosy lounge just off the main entrance where a log fire was going and we had a good view of the street outside.

Vincent, who was hosting lunch, came across with the two glasses of champagne I had pre-ordered and was exceptionally friendly. Once we had ordered and were promptly shown to our table, which was in the Brasserie once again over looking the street outside, we were served promptly and the food was exquisite!

The duck rillets and black pudding salad was amazing and my friend claims the chili jam which came with her fish cakes was the best thing she has ever eaten! After this the main courses were just as good, the Haddock was cooked to perfection and my friends beef dish looked (and apparently was) absolutely mouth watering. The portion sizes were just right, making us comfortably full and ready to relax - added to the cocktails and champagne we had already had we were both ready for a nap.

Vincent came across after the main course and asked whether we would like the desert menu, discreetly throwing me a wink, knowing what had been planned. I quickly ushered my friend out of the restaurant and we took a seat once more in the lounge.

The coffee was quickly served and the cake brought out. The cake was beautiful and in all honesty we felt quite guilty having to cut into it. But it was delicious and as we were unable to finish it they kindly wrapped it up for us.

Everything was perfect! Both Vincent who served us and Humberto who helped arrange everything were wonderful and I would definitely recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Being from Australia, we were really excited to be staying in England's oldest hotel. So much so, I "splashed out" and upgraded to the best rooms in the hotel. they were definately not worth it. The room was tired and my side of the matress had gone. The hotel itself is lovely and the staff were great - it's just not worth 250pounds a night. We were at the hotel as we had a wedding nearby, otherwsie I wouldn't have stayed here anyway. Shame, as some of he communal parts of the hotel are lovely.

Room Tip: Don't go for the top rooms, they're not worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple