“Average but over priced ”
Review of The Polly Tearooms

The Polly Tearooms
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Marlborough
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Went with family for breakfast and will say that I am glad I did not pay for it.

Service average to poor felt like we where in there way and just wanted us out.

Food of good standard of what there was but was cold by time it got to table.

Will not be going back

Reviewed 25 April 2014

All are cakes baked on the premises & taste like cakes should taste. The cream tea was great value with large scones, clotted cream & strawberry jam. All types of delicious cakes were on offer - very difficult to make a choice. I bought some of their chocolate chip shortbread to take home - tastiest ever shortbread. I can't wait for another trip to Marlborough :)

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Pleasant tearoom, almost opposite the Castle & Ball hotel. We enjoyed tea, scones/teacake. They were busy but we were not hurried at all. Staff were friendly and helpful and the food and drink was great.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This a very popular and famous tearoom The ambiance is good but the food disappointing. The cakes, although claimed to be 'home made' are heavy and synthetic. On the plus side they offer a free top up of coffee.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I took my mother here for afternoon tea for an early mother's day. They were obviously very busy, which would explain why service was a bit slow. The sandwiches, scones and cakes were delicious, but the tea was distinctly average. We asked for earl grey, but got ordinary tea, and for somewhere that prides itself on afternoon tea we were disappointed to have normal tea bag tea. We asked for a top up and I was rather surprised to be charged for this, as constant top ups of coffee seemed to be free - we were asked if we wanted a top up of coffee before we had even ordered! I would go back, and most importantly my mother enjoyed it.