“Good mussels”

Price range: US$27 - US$54
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Serving irresistible Italian cuisine in casual, friendly surroundings, Prezzo uses only the finest seasonal ingredients to create their award-winning pizzas, as well as other dishes prepared with produce sourced directly from Italy, all at prices that emphasise great value for money. Situated in prime and appealing settings throughout London and the UK, Prezzo's chic, contemporary restaurants are often housed within historic buildings or buildings of local interest. Whatever the location though, Prezzo consistently offers an outstanding venue perfect for informal dining, business meetings, parties and other celebrations, aided by the charming and welcoming staff.
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We were in Marlborough for one night and it was a night well spent.
The food was good,[mussels excellent], service friendly and efficient, we chatted with other diners then walked back to our hotel.
I spent more on dinner than I'd wanted to, but it really was worth it.

Reviewed 24 September 2011

Went for a meal with friends. We asked for a "quiet" table and were given their booth. If have the choice I'd recommend you try and sit there!

We had lovely starters (squid, seafood platter and king prawns) and perfectly cooked steaks for the mains.

Really good service too!

Highly recommend.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

We were in Marlborough en route around 8ish on a Monday evening so we didn't really have time to check out the town's eateries For us it was a toss-up between Brasserie Gerard and ASK. On reflection, I think we should have gone to good old ASK!

I actually really liked the interior of BG and the staff were pleasant. Having said that we were only handed the main menu and no mention was made of the prix fixe which would have been MUCH better value.

My daughter had the duck confit at £13.95. She loved it, which is the main thing, but I thought it was rather a small portion for the price. My main course goats cheese and beetroot salad was really disappointing. A slice of cheese served on a rather dry toasted baguette, on top of lettuce and a tiny amount of finely diced beetroot. A smidgeon of dressing, maybe, or none at all, I couldn't really tell. Thankfully we ordered a mixed side salad, which did at least look colourful.

With a soft drink each, bottle of water and two desserts, the bill came to £51.00. Given the quality of the food I don't feel that the meal provided value for money. Shame we didn't discover the prix fixe menu until too late!

Reviewed 22 June 2011

...we had a great time. Fantastic food, great atmosphere, superb service.

Reviewed 14 June 2011

We had previously eaten lunch at Brasserie Gerard in Newbury and were pleased with the food and service. However, dinner in Marlborough was very dissapointing. The food was not cooked particularly well and we could have cooked better ourselves. Given the fact that the restaurant was quiet, the service was pretty average and we were invisible most of the time.