“Fabulous food & service”

The Bell at West Overton
Ranked #8 of 67 Restaurants in Marlborough
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Excellent gastropub about 5 minutes drive west of Marlborough. Large outside terrace with river views. Very good food and friendly servicePhone number is 01672 861099
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food & service”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We were a family group of 11 and every one of us had the most fantastic meal. The service was faultless, food was delicious and the wine didn't break the bank. We will definitely return.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank LosElvinos

London, United Kingdom
“Very friendly service. However, I thought the food not great.”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I was so looking forward to lunch here on Bank holiday Monday. Slightly worried when I saw the sign advertising a Sous chef.... Anyway, the bottom line is that the food was pretty overpriced for what we had. Slightly greasy pub grub with lashings of miniature herbs sprinkled on top does not warrant the price. Bottom line is it's a lovely pub with great food. Just don't rip us off...

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank MF2011
Devizes, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stopped here on the spur of the moment and was not disappointed. From the moment I walked in the door the service was very personal (I was directed to a private table for one in the corner as I was reading my book and the waitress kindly turned down the music as the speaker was right overhead). Although a large party came in halfway through my meal and therefore the bar became incredibly busy, I was not forgotten about. Everything about my meal was superb - belly pork with roasted cauliflower, black pudding and cider sauce followed by coconut panacotta served with passion fruit and mango - heavenly. Even my pot of tea was served with the most delicious almond biscuit. I was so busy thanking the bar staff for such a wonderful meal that I forgot to leave a well deserved tip. I will be back.

• Visited April 2014
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Another good place to eat in Wiltshire”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

As the title suggests The Bell at West Overton is another very good place to eat in Wiltshire where there are quite a few at this sort of standard. The reason that I haven't given it 5 stars is the fact that it is fairly expensive and is probably best used for that special occasion rather than casual dining. That said for that special occasion the food is very good and the ambiance and service superb.I would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant for those whose pockets are a little deeper and for that special treat. I hope to dine there again in the not too distant future.

• Visited April 2014
Swindon
“Yummy food :-)”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Another very nice place to eat in Wiltshire! Wow, we have some great country pubs in our footprint that would prove to be a tough rival to other counties!! Food great and staff very nice. Also, there were some friendly locals. Will definitely visit again!! Incidentally I am a tough marker - would have to be fine dining to get a five ;-)

• Visited March 2014