“Quality food , great service”

The Bell at West Overton
Ranked #11 of 69 Restaurants in Marlborough
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Excellent gastropub about 5 minutes drive west of Marlborough. Large outside terrace with river views. Very good food and friendly servicePhone number is 01672 861099
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just returned from the bell after a night out with the in-laws, only the second time we have visited this pub restaurant and both times we have had a great meal. Not cheap , our meal tonight cost £ 140.00 inc tips for 4 starters and 4 mains , with one bottle of wine and a few other drinks but , and there is a but ... Worth every penny. Un-fussy , good service , great food and attention to detail.

During the meal my mother-in-law felt hot and ill, the staff arranged for a fan , delivered a nice pack to the table , and arranged for us to finish the meal in the garden. No fuss or drama , just good old fashioned service.

Have to now say this pub/restaurant has a very good chance of becoming a family favourite !

2  Thank peter h
There are newer reviews for The Bell at West Overton

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Delicious food matching, if not beating a lot of London restaurants. Great atmosphere and very friendly efficient staff.

1  Thank LondonPiccolo
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Visited today with my family as a belated celebration for my 21st, and the whole experience was outstanding!

I am lactose intolerant and also cannot eat many carbohydrates. My mum had phoned about this in advance and the pub couldn't have been anymore accommodating! Not only did they go through the menu with me, stating how they can adjust things accordingly- they also went to the effort of sourcing sweet potatoes so that they could replace a Yorkshire pudding.

If I had wanted to, I would've been able to have a choice of meals for all 3 courses!

Having visited many restaurants since my intolerance, I can honestly say that The Bell is one of the most accommodating!

I know the other members of our party of 9, also thoroughly enjoyed their meals!

Excellent meal! Excellent service!

3  Thank ElyneLouise
Reviewed 18 July 2014

High prices, small portions, slow service, soggy batter, not enough vegetables with main courses or cream with desserts.

3  Thank Lookwhostalking
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick lunch whilst visiting the area. Staff very friendly and the food was good. I had a cheese sandwich and the cheese was nice & mature, it came with a tasty chutney, creamy coleslaw and fries. Quality.