“A perfect restaurant for my Mum's 90th birthday!”
Review of The Marlborough

The Marlborough
Ranked #15 of 70 Restaurants in Marlborough
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A stunning contemporary menu using only the best produce with an emphasis on local products and suppliers. Bar Food, Vibrant and varied with all day grazing and British Tapas. World class wines, local beers and fantastic cocktails. Six individually styled boutique rooms in the stunning 15th Century Building.
Reviewed 15 May 2014

There were 11 of us from four generations ranging in age from 4 - 90 and everyone was happy! A special children's menu meant that they were very well catered for and the vegetarians also had a good choice. The sharing platter from the carvery was popular. Excellent service and lovely staff who went out of their way to make it a special occasion.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The staff seemed robotic and did not act confident as if in a confused manor.Also the drink I had ordered at the bar was handed to me from the mouth of the glass.I am the sure the barmaid washes her hands often but the money she handles is in question for cleanliness to say the least.
Ordered the Burger though great have had better at a cheaper price.
Will not invite all my friends to this place even if I was desperate.
Working in the hospitality trade myself chose not to leave a tip from experience and all that I had observed.
Decor and atmosphere was good for warmth and appeal and the fact in the bar area a fire was lit,

5  Thank Barnes D
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Staff were friendly and helpful but I just can't reconmend this place for the food. There are many better places around Marlborough that are also cheaper.

It wasn't terrible, but I certainly would not be going back.

To top it off two of the three guests had stomach aches at night and the following morning (both had the burger!).

4  Thank Alex R
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The fun and quirks start as soon as you open the door. We were shown to our table, which we were informed was made from an old Indian fishing boat. This was situated next to a wonderful open fire. The menu was full of twists and fun, with Chefs dish " a hot pig on a surf boat". This was a pork, lobster and chilli burger, with a layer of BBQ pulled pork served with sweet potato fries. This was certainly a head turner, as it was delivered to the table. I was not disappointed by the taste either, it was a fantastic combo. I didn't have room for dessert, so a friend and I decided to share. We chose the "Coffee shout out", a coffee meringue topped with raspberry cream, strawberries, and chocolate popping candy. Well what can I say, it was out of this world and very indulgent.
Ignore the haters, when we where there they had a full bar and restaurant. Everyone we over heard was raving about the food, and there was a fantastic buzz and atmosphere. Well worth a visit!!

1  Thank dvdfun777
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I had lunch here last week and was very disappointed with the service, found the prices extortionate and the temperature very cool. There were 6 of us and we were all cold. We prebooked a table but needn't have bothered as there was hardly anyone else in the place. The food was average and certainly not worth what we paid and the menu was very limited. I wouldn't recommend it

4  Thank Warpfactor10
TheMarlborough, Manager at The Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Just trying to work out how you think our prices are extortionate, we are in line with most reputable establishments in the area.

When I printed the menu this morning there was 25 items on it so I really dont know how you also accuse us of having a limited menu.

We are very happy with the new Head Chef Kai Taylor's food lots of great tasting dishes, sharing boards and British Tapas.