“Good but over priced”
Review of The Marlborough

The Marlborough
Ranked #15 of 70 Restaurants in Marlborough
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A stunning contemporary menu using only the best produce with an emphasis on local products and suppliers. Bar Food, Vibrant and varied with all day grazing and British Tapas. World class wines, local beers and fantastic cocktails. Six individually styled boutique rooms in the stunning 15th Century Building.
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We went for our first meal here for our wedding anniversary. The restaurant area is bright and airy. The bar is more cosy and was busier. The food was good but we felt over priced. We've had better for less. My tempura starter was 2 large rings of squid and one prawn. For £7, not a lot. Husbands pork pie was exactly that, a standard pork pie on a plate with salad. Heavy for a starter as he was expecting a twist on a pie. Mains were very good, I had lemon sole and husband had veal hotpot. Again expensive but good. My Eton mess was fab and OH had a very tasty cheeseboard. Staff were friendly and politeand service was good. Would we go back? Probably not.

1  Thank Aly S

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Staying at the Marlborough is such a treat, home away from home. So completely love it here! The food is awesome and a cut above the rest. Local, sustainable, flavorful... upbeat and artistic! We took over the rooms for a workshop and when it came to the "taste and flavor" part of the curriculum, the Marlborough definitely delivered! Everyone was so fantastic and personable, it was indeed sad to head back home. I guarantee we'll be back again and again!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

There were 11 of us from four generations ranging in age from 4 - 90 and everyone was happy! A special children's menu meant that they were very well catered for and the vegetarians also had a good choice. The sharing platter from the carvery was popular. Excellent service and lovely staff who went out of their way to make it a special occasion.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The staff seemed robotic and did not act confident as if in a confused manor.Also the drink I had ordered at the bar was handed to me from the mouth of the glass.I am the sure the barmaid washes her hands often but the money she handles is in question for cleanliness to say the least.
Ordered the Burger though great have had better at a cheaper price.
Will not invite all my friends to this place even if I was desperate.
Working in the hospitality trade myself chose not to leave a tip from experience and all that I had observed.
Decor and atmosphere was good for warmth and appeal and the fact in the bar area a fire was lit,

5  Thank Barnes D
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Staff were friendly and helpful but I just can't reconmend this place for the food. There are many better places around Marlborough that are also cheaper.

It wasn't terrible, but I certainly would not be going back.

To top it off two of the three guests had stomach aches at night and the following morning (both had the burger!).

4  Thank Alex R