I have stayed here a couple of times now on business and I will stay here again next time I am in the area.
All the staff are friendly and attentive. The rooms are not the most modern in the world but if they were that would just spoil the place. The creaky floors and the decor just add to the charm. The rooms however are well appointed with good beds tea and coffee making facilities and flat screen televisions. There are plenty of towels and toiletries in the bathroom too as well as lots of hot water.
I've eaten in the restaurant everytime and never had a bad meal. I can also say I have never left the restaurant wanting more either. They were changing the menu the day after my last visit I hope they keep the fish and chips on it is definitely worth a try. Breakfast is good too with plenty of choice, the usual cooked breakfast or some lighter bites if you are still full up from the evening meal.
Everybody keep up the good work
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extensively refurbished early 2012 and situated on Britain’s widest high street, The Castle & Ball has had a fascinating past dating back to the 15th century, with some of the original oak timbers pre-dating the Spanish Armada. The building’s age accounts for some individual features including the splitlevel brasserie-style restaurant. The hotel’s walled Beer Garden at the rear provides a relaxing setting for those looking to enjoy a drink and a meal alfresco-style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Castle & Ball Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Castle And Ball Hotel
- The Castle & Ball Hotel Marlborough, Wiltshire
- Castle Ball Marlborough