Right on the Marlborough high street, with off road parking, this is a brilliant place!
The staff are polite,yet friendly, and nothing was too much trouble. We arrived in time for dinner, but by the time we wanted pudding, the kitchen would have been closed, the superb waitress took our order early, making sure our son got his ice cream :)
It's an old building, so expect creaks and uneven stairs, low ceilings, and charm - you won't be disappointed.
The room was too comfortable (like most Old English rooms) - we didn't want to get up! The smell of breakfast did it..... coffee was strong and hot, the food was outstanding!
The customer service was great - staff remembered us at the bar, so we didn't have to keep producing our key for the tab, and remembered our drinks (which is probably a bad thing..)
Little things like this make a good stay, and this was definitely one of those!
We'll be back....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extensively refurbished early 2012 and situated on Britain’s widest high street, The Castle & Ball has had a fascinating past dating back to the 15th century, with some of the original oak timbers pre-dating the Spanish Armada. The building’s age accounts for some individual features including the splitlevel brasserie-style restaurant. The hotel’s walled Beer Garden at the rear provides a relaxing setting for those looking to enjoy a drink and a meal alfresco-style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Castle & Ball Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Castle And Ball Hotel
- The Castle & Ball Hotel Marlborough, Wiltshire
- Castle Ball Marlborough