Having booked a room for the Bank Holiday weekend, I thought the price was a little expensive for a BnB. It was only on the way that I read the booking form and found that it said we had booked a room with a jacuzzi on the balcony! Now that was a price worth paying.
I programmed the sat nav and headed off. Wow!....was our first impression. The house is gorgeous and the grounds are stunning-set to the back-drop of a 30 acre farm. Nice lounging area with an outdoor pool, sauna etc. and despite that you drive through an estate area to get there, there is absolutely no neighbours within view.
However, it was the room that blew us away. Our own private jacuzzi on the balcony; 50in flat-screen television; spa-bath; tropical rain shower; and a huge, comfortable bed! I could not find any fault with the property or the room. We spent a most relaxing evening in the jacuzzi looking across the fields as the rain poured down. I can only imagine how amazing it is in the sunshine! Breakfast was fantastic, also.
Located just 12 miles from the magnificent and historic city of Bath. Thanks to Paul who suggested that we visit Lecock on our way to Bath and this is a must see for anybody in the area (esp any Harry Potter fans) as it is only 4 miles away. I wholeheartedly recommend this BnB for anybody visiting Bath and would have no hesitation in returning. In fact, we can't wait to revisit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whaddon Grove House is a large country house set in the middle of a thirty acre field and has a very pleasant view down to the river and the old packhorse bridge, it has recently been refurbished to a very high standard. It has two large double rooms, both en-suite, one has a large balcony, the other a large jacuzzi bath. one twin room with en-suite, and the other twin room has its own private bathroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your Whaddon Grove House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whaddon Grove House Hotel Melksham
- Whaddon Grove House Melksham, Wiltshire