“first class accomdation ****** six stars!”

Whaddon Grove House
Ranked #3 of 15 Melksham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My wife and I came for an annievrsary weekend. My family hired me a classic Jag for the weekend. If it wasn't for the fact I had to make well use of the Jag we wouldn't have left Whaddon Grove. We were cheefully greeted by Paul who showed us to our room, did I say room I would have called it a suite. It was magnificent and immaculate Paul and Lorraine have spent so much attention to detail. The quality of the furniture was first class. a beautiful super king size bed and so comfortable. If you want to spoil yourself and have the peace and tranquility you won't go wrong in selecting Whaddon Grove. We can't stop talking about it. I took a handfull of business cards and hand them out to friends and relatives with a full discription. Well done Paul and Lorraine. And in the words of Arnie " I'll be back"

Room Tip: You must have room no 1 with the hot tub on the balcony overlooking fields
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2012

Sadly we only stayed for one night, but will most certainly be back in the future. This B&B is run by a lovely couple, it has everything you could want and more. Out of all the hotels in the world I have stayed in, I have never had such a comfy bed. Strongly recommend to anyone

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Just came back from a long weekend at whaddon grove house, stayed in the bedroom with double juccuzi bath. what can I say pictures don't do this house justice, it's so relaxing and the hosts are lovely the pool was lovely and warm and hot tub really relaxing. we went to bath for a day and had an amazing laficionado was very nice too we visited avebury and stone henge so much to do in the area and the house is a perfect location for all attractions would definitely recommend the house if u want to visit surrounding areas or if u jus want to stay in the grounds for a very relaxing break everything 10 out of 10 only negative thing to add is we didn't stay long enough

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stayed at Whaddon Grove House in June after we had seen some positive reviews about it. We were looking for somewhere to stay with a touch of luxury and Whaddon Grove certainly didn't disappoint! The owners Paul and Lorraine were lovely and really welcoming; nothing was too much trouble for them.

Our room was gorgeous! Beautifully decorated, light and clean. The bed was huge (super king sized) and very comfortable. We had a great night's sleep! There was a 50 inch TV in the room for when we did stay in and plenty of wardrobe and drawer space - Much more than you'd ever need for a couple of nights. The hot tub on the balcony was pure bliss and we thoroughly enjoyed our relaxing evenings.

The bathroom consisted of a huge shower, bidet and large spa bath which was also very relaxing. Again, all very clean and top quality.

We were served a cooked breakfast in the morning which was great and the owners were extremely attentive and made us feel really looked after.

The house itself is lovely; set in the sprawling countryside. It is truly picturesque and set back from the busier village, yet only a short drive from Bath town centre and local villages. Please look at my other reviews for local places to eat and other activities.

I would highly recommend Whaddon Grove House as a relaxing retreat and we would love to come and stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Paul and Lorraine made our break so enjoyable and nothing was too much trouble. We had suggested that a handle might be a sensible addition in the gorgeous space-age shower in our en-suite and the next afternoon it was there! Their house is in such a peaceful situation amongst beautiful countryside that you couldn't fail to have a wonderful holiday there. The adjustable beds in our room were so comfortable that I am going to hunt for one for myself.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked comfortable and excellently equipped.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This is hotel is just simply the best hotel / b &b we've ever stayed in, from the moment you arrive and you are met by Paul, everything is top quality, fixtures and fittings are stunning in all rooms, we have stayed in both of the big rooms, including the one with the hot tub on the balcony, and they were both fantastic.
Tis was our second trip to the Whaddon grove, and I am writing this from the room, using the free wifi provided!
I cannot rate this accommodation highly enough and would definitely stay again, and recommend to anyone coming to this area to stay here!

All in all a fantastic hotel, fantastic owners, fantastic setting and a fantastic nights sleep!

Room Tip: If you can get the room with the hot tub on the balcony that is the best, although the one with the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richoatway
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed for one night in April, and are glad we arrived in daylight as finding it could prove a little tricky. We had called ahead and Paul had given us some detailed directions but even so, had it been dark we may still be looking!

Room 1 had a super king size bed, Jacuzzi bath, walk in shower, 50 inch TV, seating area and hot tub on the balcony. The room was spotlessly clean, everything was modern and in good condition. The room was large, warm and had fantastic views.

Paul and Lorraine make for great hosts and genuinely seem to be enjoying opening their house to guests. At their suggestion we ate at the Lamb on the Strand a few miles away which was fantastic and highly recommended. There are other restaurant menus in the room and Paul knows of a local mini-cab firm that are reasonable.

The room is directly over the breakfast room and this could prove annoying if you wanted a lie in. However, even here they are considerate; on the night we stayed there was a large group that had booked in and they split them into two separate areas for breakfast to try and prevent us being disturbed. There is another large king room which we got shown around before we left. The room is a little smaller than room 1 but not so you would notice and the bathroom is to die for! The biggest Jacuzzi bath I have ever seen. Even though I loved the hot tub and balcony I think I would book this room for a return visit.

A lovely night away from the kids and if in the area we will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple