My daughter and I stayed for two nights on the weekend of the Bath half-marathon as we wanted a reasonably priced but quality b&b outside the city of Bath in a rural location - and that was exactly what we got. We had a twin-room with amazing electric beds, one of which also had a massage setting which provided a perfect chill-out experience for my daughter before running her half-marathon on the Sunday. If you want peace and tranquility surrounded by open countryside but within a few minutes drive of local facilities and within half-hour drive to Bath City Centre. Lorraine, our host was obliging and informative without being intrusive and was on-hand to answer any questions and provide recommendations if needed. Beautifully appointed rooms and immaculately kept. I will definitely return but with my husband next time, hopefully to stay in the double room with balcony and hot tub!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whaddon Grove House is a large country house set in the middle of a thirty acre field and has a very pleasant view down to the river and the old packhorse bridge, it has recently been refurbished to a very high standard. It has two large double rooms, both en-suite, one has a large balcony, the other a large jacuzzi bath. one twin room with en-suite, and the other twin room has its own private bathroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms and Agoda so you can book your Whaddon Grove House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whaddon Grove House Hotel Melksham
- Whaddon Grove House Melksham, Wiltshire