“Very good quality takeaway - friendly and helpful....”
Review of Sultan

Sultan
Ranked #8 of 56 Restaurants in Melksham
Price range: US$23 - US$38
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, British
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indian cooking at its best. if you like fresh local produces a fusion of the best cuisines from all over India, and enjoy being served by attentive and knowledgeable staff in contemporary surrounding then you're in for a treat.
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Very friendly and helpful...the food was prepared from scratch for us without garlic and it was excellent. They were very understanding of food allergies and intolerances.
Would definitely order from the Sultan again.

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Had a takeaway on 20/03/2014, not eaten from here before.
I had chicken dhansak, the chicken wasn't overcooked, the curry had good flavour and a decent amount of heat (so many places advertise hot dishes that really aren't!). The wife had vegetable korma and sag bhajee (both side dishes), the korma had a good coconut flavour and wasn't too rich, and the sag was tasty too. We shared a special rice and a garlic nan which were very good too, the nan had plenty of garlic, yummy!
Would definitely eat from here again, the food wasn't greasy and the portion sizes were good. I ordered online which was pretty easy, website worked fine on an ipad.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We have been eating in the restaurant and take away for years. The food is always great. Really fresh ingredients and lovely flavours. The staff are very friendly and the service is excellent. It costs more than the competition but it is worth it. The king prawn puri and chicken saag are highly recommended.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I discovered the Sultan a few months ago. It was recommended to me by a friend. I've been four times now and haven't had a bad meal yet.
There's a great menu that I think would satisfy most pallets. I always try something from the chefs specials, which I have thoroughly enjoyed.
Then on one of the visits I noticed their banquet night at £11.95. Well it had to be done!!! included were a starter, main and rice or Naan.
The staff have always been very attentive without being intrusive all in all a very pleasant experience.
So why only 4 starts, simply that I've had a banquet in Devizes for £9.95 and that came with a side dish as well. That's fantastic value. The price of the drinks were high. So for the best value have a great meal with a jug of water :-).....

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Visited end of Jan 2014 and I had read good reviews so decided booked a table. Service was initially good and we were swiftly asked for our drinks order. My husband ordered a 6x bottle off the menu but waiter poured a can into my glass.
Ordered starter and main but although the food was ok, the portions were very small for the price.
The main portions were a little better but again the food was nothing special with very little meat.
I asked for the bill, and was disgusted to see a can of 6x and a normal glass of rose wine came to £9.85! I asked the waiter if this correct and he explained to me that the wine came to £5.50. The other £4 odd was my can of 6x. This is disgusting pricing and I am glad we only had one round of drinks. Combine this with very little starter for £6 odd each and you have an overpriced mediocre restaurant. May I also add that it is also illegal to advertise a bottle of beer and then present me with a glass poured from a can.