“5*”

Ku Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 59 Restaurants in Melksham
Cuisines: African, Chinese, Malaysian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Don't miss this great restaurant! This restaurant is in the same edifice as a previous restaurant...which probably accounts for the fact that it may be overlooked. The previous establishment left a lot to be desired. It's a new jewel in a place that needed it. This is a totally new restaurant and an absolute DELIGHT! The inside has been totally refurbished and is elegant and tasteful while maintaining incredible value in its extensive menu of goodies from Malaysia-Thailand and China (with some Indian dishes, too). We stumbled upon it last year when we were looking for a good Chinese/Thai restaurant and we were not disappointed! The food is absolutely fantastic and has authentic Malaysian, Chinese and Thai food with a lot of vegetarian dishes. What struck us (besides the great food) was the courtesy and attentiveness from its owner who makes it a point to check on each customer personally. Even the chef came out to greet us when we said we were so pleased with our meal. The servers were great too (and you don't often find that these days.) I cannot believe all the items that are available. We have been there a few times and no matter what we order (both meat and veggie dishes) have been made with the freshest ingredients possible and have been superb! We now make this restaurant one of the regular places to eat when we want to have a nice evening out. It's perfect for a birthday dinner and/or a special date. (But still great prices.) They also offer takeout and frankly, if I had to have takeout, this would be the place! Gorgeous restaurant (for Wiltshire), great service, superb authentic cuisine, courteous service...what else could you want? Run, don't walk...it's that great a place and I hope the community supports as it takes cuisine up a notch for the area. Support local businesses, I say! :)
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Found this little Gem in the heart of Melksham. It was the highlight of our stay here. The food was fantastic, the staff were extremely friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the pricing was very reasonable! We would definitely recommend this place and can't wait to go back in the future. Good job Team Ku!

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Service outstanding, food outstanding would definatley return

Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stumbled across Ku's during our Groupon break and we're glad we did as the meal made our weekend. It's easy to miss as it's off the high street and doesn't look much from the outside, but we found they had an extensive food and wine menu. Friendly and efficient service and great food. We were asked if we had eaten there before and when we said no the waiter (owner?) talked us through the menu. He asked if we were local and seemed surprised that we had chosen Melksham for a short break from Bristol!!! Anyway, even though knowing we probably wouldn't be back, if anything the service improved. We even got a free kung po chicken dish to try, unfortunately by this point we were so full we couldn't eat much of it which made us feel quite bad as we really wanted to show our appreciation of the food. The food (I had thai red curry) was very tasty and well spiced. Another table had something that came out in flames (in a good way!) which looked very impressive. All in all a great little oriental restaurant which if I was ever back in Melksham i would definitely eat in again. Thank you!

Reviewed 16 January 2012

I have eaten at Ku's several times. Every time I am pleased with the quality, value for money and service. The range is good - and do try the Malaysian offerings as they are exceptionally good.

1  Thank jdoberursel
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I have visited this restaurant to buy a take away. I found the oriental staff were very polite and helpful despite being very busy. What I couldn't fathom is why the three European staff employed were just standing around doing nothing but talking between themselves. I think they were there maybe to run the bar and serve drinks only but they could have surely relaid tables instead
of letting the already busy members of staff do it.
Having said that, the food was excellent and I considered it good value for money considering the quantity and quality. yes,I will certainly go again.