“My experience!”

Ku Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 51 Restaurants in Melksham
Cuisines: African, Chinese, Malaysian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Don't miss this great restaurant! This restaurant is in the same edifice as a previous restaurant...which probably accounts for the fact that it may be overlooked. The previous establishment left a lot to be desired. It's a new jewel in a place that needed it. This is a totally new restaurant and an absolute DELIGHT! The inside has been totally refurbished and is elegant and tasteful while maintaining incredible value in its extensive menu of goodies from Malaysia-Thailand and China (with some Indian dishes, too). We stumbled upon it last year when we were looking for a good Chinese/Thai restaurant and we were not disappointed! The food is absolutely fantastic and has authentic Malaysian, Chinese and Thai food with a lot of vegetarian dishes. What struck us (besides the great food) was the courtesy and attentiveness from its owner who makes it a point to check on each customer personally. Even the chef came out to greet us when we said we were so pleased with our meal. The servers were great too (and you don't often find that these days.) I cannot believe all the items that are available. We have been there a few times and no matter what we order (both meat and veggie dishes) have been made with the freshest ingredients possible and have been superb! We now make this restaurant one of the regular places to eat when we want to have a nice evening out. It's perfect for a birthday dinner and/or a special date. (But still great prices.) They also offer takeout and frankly, if I had to have takeout, this would be the place! Gorgeous restaurant (for Wiltshire), great service, superb authentic cuisine, courteous service...what else could you want? Run, don't walk...it's that great a place and I hope the community supports as it takes cuisine up a notch for the area. Support local businesses, I say! :)
Melksham, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My experience!”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I rang up to place a order to be delivered, we didn't even get past the delivery address there was a major language barrier. She had me spelling the address out and even then she didn't understand what I was saying, so I gave up and put the phone down and used a alternative Chinese .

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Danny P

Mars
“Asian Fusion in MELKSHAM!!!”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

What a lovely restaurant - great food and the owner, Max, is a real character. Food is much more interesting than usual Chinese - a mixture of Malasian, Thai and other Eastern influences make the menu varied and different (although some 'specials' would add to it more for regulars). Always worth asking if he can cook you something special though as his creativity really comes out when he cooks something which isn't on the menu. I would travel some distance to come to this restaurant, as it is a deceptively special experience.

• Visited January 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Definitely not a 'top' for Melksham!”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I have eaten at loads of thai and chinese restaurants, this is very poor restaurant with extremely poor food. The chef' speciality 'meat' dish resembled gelatine meat chunks as was very unpleasant to eat. The dish with chilli had whole dried out chillies which were not edible. We didn't manage to stomach the food, and left paying a full £40 for 2 beers, 2 starters and 2 mains. They tried to put an extra £40 on the bill which we queried and got half hearted apology. I would never go there again.

• Visited May 2012
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Nice Restaurant..good service, food was average”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

The restaurant was clean and tidy and there was a nice atmosphere.The service was very good and hospitable. Then menu choice was wide and the food was delivered in good time. The food itself was average and I have had better, portions were a little small but overall a good night out with family. Could not fault the efforts made to make us feel welcome and this is refreshing on a busy Saturday night. The price was reasonable to expect for a large family group and the drinks were flowing nicely. Overall a good Chinese. There are better around but maybe not in this area.

• Visited October 2012
Devizes, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food and service - always!”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

As a regular diner at this restaurant I cannot recommend it highly enough. We are always well looked after by the staff, the restaurant is clean, pleasantly decorated and spacious. They have an extensive Chinese/Thai menu and everything is cooked to your liking. The chef has bought out dishes for us to try on the house! Best chinese restaurant/take away in the area.

• Visited August 2012