“1st Class Pub Grub”

Il Vello D'Oro is an Italian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 50 Restaurants in Melksham
Price range: US$3 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
U.K.
“1st Class Pub Grub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Had not been to this pub in a while as I didn't like the food or people that were running it. However when I heard it had changed hands to the same people that ran a pub I had loved going to, I decided to go along to see if things had changed for the better at the Fleece. Went for Sunday lunch and boy we were not disappointed. Food was excellent, far better than most places around in the area and the price to me was a steal. All lovely fresh ingredients and presented in a lovely way. Staff were exceptional and very friendly which is a bonus. Loved it so much went back last week to have an evening meal. As someone suggested starters are not necessary with the size of the main meal but I did not read that before we went. Just couldn't manage all my cod (that's REAL fish) such a shame as it was to die for, never had such wonderful crispy batter anywhere. Now if I fancy fish and chips I will be going there not the local fish and chip shop as the Fleece have nailed it for me and there is not a place to beat them anywhere. Keep up the good work Janet & John you are doing a brilliant job.

• Visited April 2014

“Great Menu & Lovely Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Popped in with some friends, today, for a quick lunch. Absolutely spot on, great service, lovely staff and a varied and fairly priced menu. Thank you and will see you again soon.

• Visited May 2014
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“A must the best food I've had in along time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

The food was first class large portions and very hot. Presentation and service excellent you must try this pub it was my first time with the new owners and was not expecting such lovely food and excellent value. We were a party of 11 and easy one of us enjoy or food.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Hoodie2014
“Excellent food, service and atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Having visited this pub for a sunday lunch, I have to say its hard to beat. The pub has a large parking area, the pub itself is full of character with a lovely warm welcoming atmosphere.
The food is excellent with many homemade dishes also. The sunday lunch is in my opinion unbeatable anywhere. I am looking forward to another visit very soon

• Visited March 2014
Melksahm
“You must try it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Good food reasonably priced, straightforward menu nothing fancy, it’s just like the Fleece was 20 years ago a great place to eat. The staff were pleasant and helpful.

• Visited March 2014