“Good reasonably priced food and good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bear

The Bear
Ranked #19 of 50 Restaurants in Melksham
Price range: US$0 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Introducing the Bear Melksham The bear is a beautiful modern country pub set in the picturesque town of Melksham, Wiltshire. The bear has an outstanding interior, and an award winning exterior. Winning 1st place for Melksham in bloom and 2nd place for 'best floral pub venue' in the south west. We pride ourselves on bringing the best customer experience 365 days a year. The pub also holds the title of 'best toilet facilities' in England. The bear there are several 'club days' for our customers to enjoy Monday Club - cheap drink offers and selected menu items under £3 Tuesday- is our very popular STEAK Club. Steak & a drink all under £10 Wednesday- CHICKEN club. Selected chicken meals at discounted prices, including a free drink. Come and join us for 'wing it Wednesday!' Thursday- we become the uk's biggest curry house Friday- FiSH Friday Sunday- Sunday lunch available all day.
Bath, United Kingdom
“Good reasonably priced food and good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

An especially busy time we went at peak on steak night. very full but still had meals within 15 minutes. We went for the deal with a bottle of wine and certainly you can't top it for value...( the wine was good too!) Staff work very hard and are really keen to make sure you have a good experience. Well done the Melksham Weatherspoon team !

• Visited July 2013

Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous place shame about the food :-(”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

We went for a meal on Father's Day. Reserved a table. When we arrived we thought it was amazingly decorated. Asked to get shown to our table, under the table was numerous crayons and bits of food. Bit gross. Roast dinner and a drink £6.99 fab value. Sundaes £2.10...wow!
Ordered nachos for starter and beef roast dinner at the bar, as soon as I sat down the waitress brought my beef dinner over...what! I told her to take it back and bring me my starter first, and how did that dinner take 3 minutes to cook! :-s nachos arrived on a massive plate with very little sauce. Ok. Then mains arrived, hummm veg looks steamed beyond recognisation and the beef was stone cold! I was so disappointed as I hoped it to be good. It wasn't even busy and was hoping their best chef was on on this special day but it was just kids. (Open kitchen) I left halftime dinner even though I was hungry, luckily I had lots of nachos. I wanted to leave so I didn't (nor did anyone on our table) order puddings. If the dinner was to a good standard and hot we probably would have stayed much longer.
2 points
You need to look at the heat of ur meals, the gravy and meat were very cold, really not pleasant.
Also the manner and professionalism of the waitresses was below standard, a couple of plain clothed worker which I presume are managers cleared our table without a word.
Wished it was better but hey it's a roast and a pint for £6.99.
I would order off the normal menu if I visited again, which I probably won't.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Wiltshire1989
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

Whetherspoons aren't really known for their nice interior and cleanliness, but this one is an exception. It's very clean, pleasant environment, a decent range of drinks and the food is good. I've avoided the Bear for years but now that it's been taken over, I'd happily return.

• Visited June 2013
“best value for money pub in melksham”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

Clean nice surroundings and very good value for money Great selection of beers and cider and bottles of wine priced like they should be

Visited April 2013
2 Thank triggy11
Melksham, United Kingdom
“A lovely place for everybody!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

This is not fine dining but it is a place where everyone can go for an excellent value meal with superb service. My 88 year old Mother in Law can go in on a Thursday for her favourite Curry Club with no qualms about being a lady on her own. The staff are so caring and look after her so well. If you want a good value beautifully cooked breakfast at minimal cost this is the place to go but it is the staff that make it 5 star!

• Visited May 2013