“Brilliant day for the children”

Boomerang Family Play Centre
Ranked #5 of 8 things to do in Melksham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We cater for ALL your families needs! Regions largest soft play centre 5 types of birthday party Lazer battle zone kitchen Starbucks Coffee Little Joey's Nursery Afterschool and Holiday Club Amazing events and activities!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Brilliant day for the children”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Excellent few hours to keep children of all ages occupied!! I had 3 grandchildren aged 2 - 7 and they all enjoyed it.

Visited July 2013

Chippenham, United Kingdom
“A good morning's play”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I read the reviews of this play centre and decided to give it a try today with my 18 month old. The price was very reasonable and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The range of toys and activities for my child was excellent and she was clearly enjoying herself. We spent 2 hours trying out the toys appropriate for her age. She particularly liked the slides and bouncy castle. We took a break and sampled the tasty tea and coffee. after 2 hours my daughter was tired out and slept all the way home! Overall I was impressed with the facilities and will definitely be returning.Yes it had a little wear and tear in places but it did not detract from the enjoyment of play and was good value for money. The main thing is that it achieved it's objective, giving my daughter enjoyment in a safe and friendly environment.

Visited April 2014
U.K
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Dissapointing, Dated, Dingy.”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We visited today with high hopes of a fun time with our 6 and 9 yr olds.
The first sting was the price. £15! I would expect to pay this for a really nicely maintained play facility, not a dated soft play area in what looked like an old warehouse.
The staff were decidedly glum, the price was high (for what it was) and the place was crowded. There were also several children who looked at least in their early teens throwing themselves about on the bouncy castle.
Aside from this the place is just poorly laid out, with a bouncy castle right in front of the soft play structure so it is absolutely impossible to even catch a glimpse of your children when in there. It just doesn't have a nice atmosphere at all. It could be the lighting which felt dingy and the sound system sounded like an old radio stuck in one corner. Couldn't put our finger on why it wasn't at all welcoming, perhaps it was an accumulation of all the negatives I have already mentioned.
There was building work going on in one corner with a sign stating 'this area may become dusty due to building works' - nice!!
We will not be returning. My 9 year old just wanted to get out of there to be honest I don't blame her.
Sorry to leave such a poor review, but it's our honest opinion after having been to many much better soft play areas.

Visited April 2014
4 Thank abijosh
BoomerangUK, Manager at Boomerang Family Play Centre, responded to this review, 18 March 2015
Thank you for taking your time to write a review; as an independent, family run business we take all feedback on board so that we can continue to improve.

We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your visit.

We are currently in the process of updating the centre and I hope that if you visit us again you will notice a difference.

Thanks again for your review. If you'd like to discuss any of the matters further do email me on mdavis@boomeranguk.co.uk
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great soft play but could be cleaner”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I've visited Boomerang quite a few times now and the kids love it. I have a 9 year old and 4 year old and whilst the 4 year old couldn't get enough of the place, my 9 year old did seem to struggle to keep amused for the length of time I was there and so he has clearly outgrown this type of attraction. However, my 4 year old had a great time and there's lots there to keep the little ones going and I would recommend this place. The negative is that the place could do with a good clean. Whilst my friend and I were sitting at one of the tables a wasp thickly covered in dust landed (well, more fell from a great height) onto our table followed by a little dust shower. I notified a member of staff who apologised and dealt with it promptly so that was good. The kids socks were filthy too and whilst I expect some dirt, it was a bit too much for my liking. Despite that, I've been to Boomerang enough to know that's not the norm so hopefully the management can give it a bit of tlc.

Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Noisy soft play area”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This looks like a fantastic place for older children, but the soft play for babies is located right in the middle of a noisy area.

I went on the 27th of March and there were some renovations going on nearby. Fair enough, there are improvements being made, but it was quite loud. In addition there are large speakers directed straight into the baby area, blasting out very, very loud music. Really not the gentle, quiet corner that a soft play area should be! A bit disappointing... I can't understand why the baby area is right underneath these loud speakers.

There is also a play area for older children right next to the soft play so we had some banging and screaming from this side too!

I am not sure I want to bring my little one back until he's older. Shame though, as this looks like a fun place and we'd love to come back if the soft play was in a quieter area.

Visited March 2014