Review Highlights
Wonderful

I truly enjoyed the Manor. It was a beautiful late September day and I had a wonderful couple of... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
michelle h
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Great Chalfield Manor House and Gardens

Reviewed 1 November 2018
James S
Wiltshire

All reviews guided tour national trust property house tour small church wolf hall parish church grass verge no photography gardens are lovely nt property gentle stroll worth a visit interesting house narrow lanes open to the public lovely place to visit the barn
Reviewed 1 November 2018

My wife and I have been walking around the gardens and then went on a guided tour of the Manor house, and it was a beautiful sunny day which always helps. I was interested in the local history and the gardens have some very nice topiary (trees and hedges).
This location has parking along the entrance road on the grass verge.
If you are a national Trust member then admission is free.

Reviewed 27 October 2018

My wife and I was on our way to Devon and decided to stop first at Lacock Abbey (7 miles...15 mins) and then Great Charfield Manor for the 3 o'clock tour (lasted approx 45 mins) which was interesting and informative and then a nice stroll around the picturesque gardens and chapel.

1  Thank busterSolihull
Reviewed 25 October 2018

Well worth a visit very picturesque. One of the very few places I have visited with a mature Medlar fruit tree in the garden. Parking limited but very nice

Reviewed 21 October 2018

Wonderful house with lots of historical rooms open to the public, including a great hall! Lovely gardens and a little chapel. Tours available, which are very interesting. Another gem in Wiltshire.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Visited with family, including my twin 19 month old toddlers. We didn’t have too much trouble getting the double buggy around but did have to be careful in places. There were also some bits with a few steps that we didn’t try. Didn’t go inside the house but enjoyed exploring the beautiful gardens. Had to keep track of the children as there are some water hazards but they loved looking at the pretty flowers and finding autumn goodies. There’s a small seating area where we were able to enjoy a packed lunch and take advantage of the tea and coffee facilities (small charge with honesty box). Parking is outside on the grass verges which I was unsure of before going but proved to be very easy and acted as a helpful giveaway that we’d arrived!