Review Highlights
One of my favourite houses!

Reviewed 7 December 2018
CrispyBing
Chippenham, United Kingdom
via mobile
Great Chalfield Manor House and Gardens

Reviewed 1 November 2018
James S
Wiltshire

All reviews guided tour national trust property house tour small church wolf hall parish church grass verge no photography gardens are lovely nt property gentle stroll worth a visit interesting house narrow lanes open to the public lovely place to visit the barn
Reviewed 7 December 2018 via mobile

Hubby and I really enjoyed our recent visit to Great Chalfield Manor; we love the hands-on approach here - no stuffy rooms where nothing must be touched. Staff very friendly and knowledgeable - very interesting and fun visit.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed 1 November 2018

My wife and I have been walking around the gardens and then went on a guided tour of the Manor house, and it was a beautiful sunny day which always helps. I was interested in the local history and the gardens have some very nice topiary (trees and hedges).
This location has parking along the entrance road on the grass verge.
If you are a national Trust member then admission is free.

Reviewed 27 October 2018

My wife and I was on our way to Devon and decided to stop first at Lacock Abbey (7 miles...15 mins) and then Great Charfield Manor for the 3 o'clock tour (lasted approx 45 mins) which was interesting and informative and then a nice stroll around the picturesque gardens and chapel.

1  Thank busterSolihull
Reviewed 25 October 2018

Well worth a visit very picturesque. One of the very few places I have visited with a mature Medlar fruit tree in the garden. Parking limited but very nice

Reviewed 21 October 2018

Wonderful house with lots of historical rooms open to the public, including a great hall! Lovely gardens and a little chapel. Tours available, which are very interesting. Another gem in Wiltshire.

Date of experience: September 2018