“very friendly and helpful with great authentic Indian food”
Review of The Refa Tandoori

The Refa Tandoori
Ranked #10 of 51 Restaurants in Melksham
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Melksham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very friendly and helpful with great authentic Indian food”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The food is great here with really good vegetarian choices. The staff are friendly and as it's unlicensed you can take your own alcohol along, which makes the meal very low cost. The food is the tastiest Indian food in town. The only down side for me is that service can be very slow on a busy night and I would like to see a greater variety of fish dishes on the menu.

Visited July 2014

United Kingdom
“Best recommendation ever”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The food and service here is not just good it is really good.... I don't need to say more just try the food and service and it speaks for itself. 10 out of 10.

Visited June 2014
Melksham, United Kingdom
“Best Indian food I've ever tasted”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I went early one summer evening with my cousin and her husband. We each ordered a separate curry so we each tried three. They were all really excellent, with some very exciting flavours. Alcohol is not served for religious reasons, but customers are allowed to bring in their own, which we did. I can thoroughly recommend this restaurant. At weekends you will need book a table. We didn't because we went very early, but even then it was packed.

• Visited June 2013
Swindon
“My First Dosa....Lush...”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Ok so its hard to chose between Indian restaurants as they all seem to serve the same staple dishes. As a self confessed curry head I've been looking for a restaurant that sells a Dosa.... So after walking around Melksham looking for somewhere to eat, the colour poster in the window of the Refa caught my attention. Decision made and with out any thought both me and my partner chose a Dosa starter. I can only say it was worth going in just for that, potato, vegetable and spices wrapped in a paper thin pancake it was delicious. The main meal was just as good and we both agreed the food was first class. Always a nice surprise when it all seemed very reasonably priced.
Now the décor is a little "odd" not what I'd call traditional or modern. Maybe a lick of paint would help.... But it was clean and the staff very antentive. The waiter who served us was a great help in explaining the different specials.
The Refa doesn't have an alcohol license so they only serve soft drinks. But I was told I could use the off license just over the road. This may be an inconvenience for some but to be honest it was no big deal...In fact its a lot cheaper that buying in a restaurant....
It would of been 5 stars if the review was based on the food alone but as the décor needs updating and there is no alcohol license its a well deserved 4.....

• Visited February 2014
Westbury, United Kingdom
“Second visit definately not the last”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Our second visit to this Indian. The food is very tasty, they understand spice very well and portions are huge. Staff are very attentive and happy to advise, and also to chat and integrate if you so wish. I had the King Prawn Paswari Balti which comes with a Nan bread, absolutely scrummy, so much left I have a full portion for tommorrows dinners. Not all Indian restaurants understand spice they clearly do, my other half had a Phall and where chilli powder is often thrown in Naga Chilli paste is used. Non licensed but bring you own.

• Visited April 2014