“A really warm welcome”
Review of Crown Hotel

Crown Hotel
Crown Hotel
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We arrived late, after a really busy day. Jackie, the land lady welcomed us straight away. We were offered food even though the chef was just about to finish. The rooms were clean and tidy. Had a nice drink at the bar. All the staff were friendly. Overall, I would say this is a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Barbara E E

Reviewed 23 July 2012

stayed for two nights,my wife and i both agreed one of the best hotels, we have stayed in for a long time.the rooms were simple but the the beds were superb.at last somewhere to stretch out and comfortable to boot. best nights sleep for a long time.quiet as well .

both breakfast and the evening meal were excellent.
both the owners were great and very helpful
all in all for the price it's excellent value for money
highly recommended

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My husband and I have eaten here a lot and it's been fine, the staff are very good, but last time we went for lunch - April 2012 - not so good. Should have been suspicious when I saw a large clump of fungus floating in the vinegar bottle. My husband had chicken which he said was nice, I had scampi and ended up with food poisoning. We will not be returning!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Butterfly012
Reviewed 13 July 2012

For the price I paid (£45) the Crown Hotel is excellent value.

Rooms were simply furnished but comfy, the free continental breakfast was just what I needed and the owners were very friendly. Private, off-street parking also helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Stella_and_Bruno
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I decided to take a break and visit Wootton Bassett with my Finacee and thought we would stay at the Crown Hotel. The rooms where clean, spacious, tidy & had everything we wanted & needed, just what we where looking for to go with the excellent rates per night. The owners where very welcoming, polite and couldnt do enough for us. Since then, i decided to stay through the week as ive taken a job in Swindon which is only 5min away.
With my job i have ate in all sorts of pubs, so when it comes down to Quality of food, value for money and presentation this just beats them all!! I truly mean that........
A great specials menu that is regularly changed & updated with excellent value for money. I really couldnt praise this place up enough. Recommended to anyone looking to eat or stay around this area. YOU WILL NOT be disappointed. 5 Stars.......

Room Tip: Ive stayed out the back in the 'Chalets' and have no complaints at all, very spacious, clean...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Called into this pub on Tuesday evening, 11th October for a meal and a drink. The pub is extremely hospitable, with good decor and a good selection of beers. My friend and myself ordered two cheap meals and had to wait about 20 minutes before the food arrived. The delay was due to the food being prepared and cooked to order. For £5.50 I had the steak and kindney pie, chips, peas and gravy all of which were piping hot and this meal was probably the best pub food that I have ever tasted and this stretches back 50 years. This was followed by apple tart, a substantial portion, and custard which was too delious to describe. I praise the waitress on the food and told the manager how pleased I was. Initially I suspected we would get boring food and small portions butg how wrong was I.I would have paid for more than this at any other pub which I frequent and the food would be far inferior. Congratulations to all at the Crown Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Traveller00311
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Stayed here for one night to visit relatives, it is clean and tidy but the rooms are basic. Quite a nice breakfast with a fair amount of choice. The owners were friendly, and very nice.
If you are looking for Somewhere as a base around Wootton Bassett then you could do worse.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
#1 of 6 in Royal Wootton Bassett
The Wiltshire
The Wiltshire
#1 of 2 in Royal Wootton Bassett

Been to Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!