“Lovely time”

Farmtastic Animal Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Animal farm and petting zoo near Chippenham Wiltshire. Get hands on with our animals, including alpaca's, llamas, miniature's, farmyard favourites, birds and rare and unusual breeds. With a host of activities available there's plenty to keep the kids and grown-ups busy!
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely time. 3 boys aged 14,11 and 12 months enjoyed feeding the animals. Highly recommended. Very friendly staff. Will return soon.

1  Thank nicola b

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and I visited Farmtastic Animal Farm this afternoon. Great experience. If you want to go and see animals that are well cared for and like being cuddled, then this is the place to go. All the animals are in large pens, and for a small price you can hand feed them. The owners are very welcoming and any questions will be answered readily. Please support this farm, it could be a real assett to the area. Thanks for great day Dave, Liz, and all the volunteers.

1  Thank Susan K
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Just back after our first trip to Farmtastic and what an absolute treat - we are still buzzing and talking about this wonderful place. We arrived with just over an hour before closing and was in for a treat from the start - we took the sheep for a walk and then bought some cups of animal feed and went and explored - as it was raining the owner leant my daughter a coat which was a lovely touch. I was overwhelmed by how much there was to see at this farm and with such a low entry fee compared to similar attractions. I loved how you could walk around the pens and mingle with all the animals, all of whom are obviously well cared for and loved. You get a sense that you are on a real farm (which of course you are). I went with my Daughter (8) and my Son (22) and it is often difficult to find something to do with such a great age gap but this place ticks all the boxes for both my children and it was lovely to see them walking around laughing and enjoying the experience together. There are plenty of ride on toys for the children to whizz around alongside the honking geese. There is also a real tractor to sit on and tractor rides too. After we had seen all the outside animals we sat inside the entrance marquee and held the baby goats, giant rabbit, guinea pigs and turkey chicks - we also got to see an orphan Muntjac which lives happily with its friend the Shar pei (seeing is believing) - The owners and staff are the most welcoming people who sat and told us the history of the animals (I love the short legged Bull) and even surprised us by letting us feed the calves (thank you a real treat) - we spent nearly 2 hours on the farm and wish we had known about this place before - I know that now we have found it we will be back on a regular basis - perfect family day out - we wore flip flops and trainers and didn't get muddy but I guess next time we will take our wellies (and coats) - there is a refreshment hut and toilet facilities but we had no time for either of these - thank you to the hardworking owners for taking the time to sit a chat with us in between caring for the animals.

1  Thank Susan P
Reviewed 13 July 2014

What a lovely day out we all had at Farmtastic near Royal Wootton Bassett..

Lots of different animals for the children to get really close to and handle, stroke or even hold, It was very educational for them especially whilst reading the information sheets on the different animals on each enclosure. Costs were very reasonable and even hot water and soap outside to wash our hands after handling the animals, lots of these types of places only have cold water which is not very nice on a cold day. Very helpful and educated people on hand to answer any questions from the children. We will definitely be going back again soon and if you have children that are also interested in this type of thing I would thoroughly recommend it.

1  Thank Simon M
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend, my son and myself have just spent a great afternoon at Farmtastic. We were invited along by a family member after she had been left impressed from a previous visit. Straight away, the staff were some of the friendliest I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. They were very quick to get us involved, by putting a 3 week old ducking into my son's hands... needless to say he loved it. We were left to our own devices, getting to walk around the farm and we're able to get hands on with the feeding of all the animals. If you're after a cheap and cheerful morning/afternoon out with the kids, I would highly recommend Farmtastic Animal Farm.

3  Thank craggers2k