“Outstanding food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Peninsula Dining Room - CLOSED

Peninsula Dining Room
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are committed to providing first class food and service and believe that our approach gives our guests the best dining experience on the Wirral
Merseyside
“Outstanding food”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My husband and I have visited PDR regularly since opening. I can honestly say we are never disappointed. We must eat out at least 6 times a month, visiting numerous venues and this has got to be the best value for money, quality of food and exceptional service. We visited the restaurant last night and WOW what a meal we had. My husband started with mushroom & parsley soup with home made bread, sirloin steak with twice cooked chips, fresh vegetables. This was served with 1/2 bottle wine for £23. I started with roasted trout - celeriac remoulade - caper and lemon salad - herb oil. The flavours were wonderful, everything so fresh. For my next course I ordered tandori coley - braised curried rice, apples and sultanas - orange and mint salad - yoghurt. The chef who put this menu together is a genius. One of my best mains ever. Dessert - pain perdu, mascerated berries with vanilla icecream. Served with a cocktail all for £22.95 - absolutely outstanding. To me better than Panoramic, Liverpool and a fraction of the cost. I 100% know you would not get the quality, freshness of ingredients, and flavours, cost anywhere else on the Wirral, especially New Brighton. Keep it coming PDR well done.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Linda B

Oxton, United Kingdom
“Not to bad, excellent customer service though.”
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Lovely little restaurant that has the nicest most professional waitress we've ever come across! (she could give the 4* hotels in the area a good lesson) The food was okay, nothing fine dining or anything you couldnt throw out yourself in your own kitchen, but I did like mine apart from my dessert where the "Whiskey" custard was 60% whiskey 40% custard haha but maybe others would of loved this. My party had mix reviews but we all agreed on one thing...Great waitress!

• Visited December 2013
Hoylake, United Kingdom
“About time I did the right thing.”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I've been to this restaurant a number of times (most recently to enjoy the Burns menu), including on its 'taster evenings' and enjoyed it every time but never written a review; let me put that right.

Reception at the door is warm and friendly and service is excellent throughout. The food is consistently good and imaginative, offering interesting takes on classic dishes. I've never been disappointed and this restaurant will, for me, remain a regular destination.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Hilbre01
Wirral, England
“Amazing As Always!!”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner have visted a few times and i must say have never been dissapointed!
Recieved an email with the new menu attached to which we then visited that evening to sample.
My partner had the duck croquets with cherry and fennal jam and i had the roasted mushroom with tomato fondue and crispy rocket. We were meant to be sharing as we couldnt decide what we wanted but im sure i came out of this short changed as my partner was reluctant to share his croquets as they were delicious! When i eventually got round to trying them i could see why....i would never have shared mine! Haha
For main we had the shin of beef and the pork belly again both were amazing, attempted to share again which didnt go down that well as i didnt want to give up my mini cottage pie!!
As we were in a rush we didnt stay for dessert which i was devastated about....but theres always next time!
Service as always was 5* and would highly recommend to anyone!
Looking to book for Valentines dinner as our next visit!!

1 Thank lizziemiller86
Moreton, United Kingdom
“One of the best meals we have ever eaten”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We visited Peninsula Dining Room for the first time on New Year’s Eve. As soon as we approached, the door was opened for us and we were given a warm welcome. Our coats were taken from us and we were seated at a very nice table, where we had a good view of the whole restaurant.

The first impression when entering the restaurant is that it has a stylish décor that shows lots of attention to detail. There was a vibrant atmosphere, with the whole place full of happy diners. Tables are large and well-spaced; you don’t feel that you are sitting on top of the other diners. Seating is extremely comfortable, and the general ambience was warm and welcoming.
We were given a glass of a very nice Prosecco to start with, and we were then presented with our first course, which was a roasted squash and parsnip soup with curry oil. The soup was gorgeous, and it was complemented with home-made bread rolls, created by Ross (the restaurant’s owner and head chef). The treacle bread was especially delicious!

While we waited for our next course, we watched the girls waiting on the other tables. Ross has an amazing team, who work harder than any other restaurant staff that we have ever seen. The girls were constantly scanning the room to see if diners needed anything: tables were cleared promptly, and no-one was left without a drink if they needed a refill.

Our next course was prawn, crayfish and crab salad, which (again) was delicious, and seasoned to perfection. My partner cannot eat seafood, so she had ‘haggis, neeps and tatties with whiskey cream’, which she thoroughly enjoyed.

For our main course, my father and I had fillet steak (one well done, and one medium rare). The steaks were cooked perfectly, and we agreed that it was probably the best fillet steak that we have ever had. It was served with real chips and hollandaise sauce, and accompanied with a piping hot dish of seasonal vegetables. My partner had syrup glazed pork belly, which came with a long strip of perfect crackling, apple, and was arranged on a delicious potato and parsnip cake.

For our desserts, two of us had toffee Eton mess, and my father had lemon tart with raspberry cream. We ate our desserts in almost total silence because they were so scrummy!!
Overall impressions: food and service were exceptional, ambience and décor were great. We all agreed that the entire meal was paced perfectly: courses came out just when you were ready for them, and we did not feel rushed. We were also offered the option of ‘having a rest’ before we had our dessert. The girls who served us were charming, and all of them were exceptionally efficient and smart. Mandie (the manageress) has trained her girls perfectly, and their customer service skills could not be faulted.

Our only regret is that did not discover this little gem of a restaurant sooner. We will certainly be visiting on a more regular basis from now onwards!!

• Visited January 2014