“A little gem of a bistro”

The Olive Tree Bistro
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in New Brighton
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Olive Tree - New Brighton! We serve freshly prepared meals, made with locally sourced produce from Wirral farms and businesses. Fresh meat, fish & vegetables delivered daily to ensure our food is as fresh and flavoursome as possible. Visit us at our new website, and come sample our highly regarded and bespoke craft OLIVE TREE GIN
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Pre theatre dining menu.. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very special cannot reccomend this place enough, outstanding food quality, excellent value for money and exceptional customer service. We will be back again and again !!!! 5*

1  Thank Paul S

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We only popped in for a coffee but were tempted by the super menu and welcoming staff. Instead of coffee we opted for two glasses of wine and two sunny/healthy tasting dishes. Would love to visit for an evening meal as all the food is prepared to order and is quite different to the normal menus.

1  Thank JVC143
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Going to the Theatre in New Brighton, which we had not been to for years, we looked for a good place to eat beforehand. The Tripadvisor recommendation for the Olive Tree is deserved. The menu had a range of appealing dishes - from different cuisines. The food we ate and saw was good bistro fare - not stunning, but very acceptable. The prices we thought to be reasonable and less than we would normally pay. Both the pre-theatre menu and the a la carte were sensibly priced. Service friendly.
When we go to the Floral Pavilion, we saw some diners there - we made the better choice.

1  Thank miicoe
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Had a fantastic meal here on Friday night, it was my first visit and trust me, I'll be back !!!
Three of us went and we all agreed it was a fab meal.

I didn't have a starter but my main was superb, I had the BBQ chicken pizza and it was super tasty, plenty of chicken, tangy sauce and was very fresh. I couldn't resist a bowl of chips, they are proper chunky, home made chips and well worth ordering.
A different member of the party had Thai Massaman Curry, I tasted it and it was lovely. The final member of the party had the Chicken & Chorizo stew.

We didn't have a dessert as we needed to go to the Theatre but next time we will as they looked nice.

Trust me, we will be back :)

1  Thank DurhamPitLad
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I have visited the Olive Tree frequently over the past 4 years with family and friends, it is without a doubt one of the best places to eat in Merseyside. Their gambas pil pil is the best I have ever had, myself and friends were really disappointed when this was taken off the main menu but it is sometimes available as a special or when they have the ingredients, which is accommodating of them. The prices are really reasonable for the quality of the food, there is no other restaurant in Wallasey serving food like this and meeting this standard. The owners are really friendly and always make you feel welcome. The only minor disappointment for us is the bought in chips in the daytime, as the home made chips are so amazing in the evenings. If this place still served Gambas pil pil I think I'd eat here most nights!

1  Thank MayHiggins