“Great little place!”

The Olive Tree Bistro
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in New Brighton
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Olive Tree - New Brighton! We serve freshly prepared meals, made with locally sourced produce from Wirral farms and businesses. Fresh meat, fish & vegetables delivered daily to ensure our food is as fresh and flavoursome as possible. Visit us at our new website, and come sample our highly regarded and bespoke craft OLIVE TREE GIN
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

After having worked in the industry for a few years now, it was great to stumble across this little gem. A restaurant not overly focused on packing out the floor to maximise profits.

The somewhat small (but by no means a negative) venue is rather intimate and creates an excellent atmosphere. The service was great and not overly attentive. Efficient too despite being full.

The food is delicious. Very well presented and well described on the menu. I opted for the kiln smoked rainbow trout from the specials board for starter, and the 6oz hake fillet with mussels as a main also from the specials board. Absolutely beautiful.

My girlfriend went with the goats cheese pastry for starter and the pork belly as main. Both of which again, we're lovely.

There was a slight mix up with our bread and olives, but in no way did that influence the evening. The staff were even kind enough to knock them off the bill, but I would have quite happily paid regardless.

The Chablis was lovely - perhaps I am biased as it is my favourite white - so much so we went through 2 and at just under £20, which I thought was moderately priced.

All in all an absolutely wonderful evening, incredible food, lovely ambience and great wine. Would like to say thank you to Olive Tree, and I will definitely be returning.

Highly recommend.

1  Thank LM3105

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I visited this quaint little bistro last year as we often stayed in the area whilst planning our wedding in Liverpool and were pleasantly surprised. New Brighton isn't the mini holiday resort it was when I grew up in Liverpool in the 80s but it is slowly clawing itself back to being a little place to stop off at and this restaurant couldn't demonstrate that any better. The food is interesting in choice and cooked to a high standard - we ordered a selection of small dishes and dined in a tapas style which was perfect and my wife went for a dessert which involved deep fried ice-cream, something well out of my culinary range! Our waitress couldn't have been more friendly too which is always a winner for us. At around £50 to feed two people with a bottle of wine each we would definitely go back if we are in the area.

1  Thank Easy E
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I celebrated my birthday last night at the Olive Tree, i have to say that the Summer time Lamb - Pan fried Lamb Rump on a bed of coronation style salad was one of the best meals i've eaten in a long time, absoloutely gorgeous flavours. Huge compliments to the chef :) thank you. Lovely evening as usual.

Cathy Gilroy

2  Thank cathy544
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Went with friends as it was one of their birthdays. Have been quite a few times to this bistro and always enjoyed the meals . How different tonight was, starters was mussels and I could hardly taste or see a mussel. Lots of white bait & little fish in batter but no sauce so quite dry.

Main meal was goats cheese in a tomatoes base with onions etc wrapped in filo pastry on a bed of rocket salad. Lacked seasoning and the filling had come through the filo, so it looked liked a sloppy mess on the plate. The waitress even commented on it.
Sweet - sticky toffee pudding, was expecting sticky sauce to pour out when cut, but this was dry and tasted like a sponge pudding. The only reason I didn't complain was I didn't want to spoil friends birthday.

2  Thank Carol U
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Pre theatre dining menu.. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very special cannot reccomend this place enough, outstanding food quality, excellent value for money and exceptional customer service. We will be back again and again !!!! 5*

1  Thank Paul S