“Excellent Weekend Shame about the Accomadation!!”
Review of The Queen's Royal

The Queen's Royal
Ranked #5 of 5 New Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 March 2012

New Brighton is a great place to stay but not at the Queens Royal! I stayed in room 7 which was pretty clean other than the bathroom had a terrible smell like a drain it was awful, I came down to breakfast and found a table there were only about four other tables taken so not to busy for the staff to at least acknowledge me there? no welcoming morning I waited ages for the waitress to come and say sorry to keep you? Still no good morning? coffee came no milk she said she would get some then proceded to serve 8 outsiders with their bills?? then my milk came for my now cold coffee, I ordered bacon egg tomatoes and black pudding, when it arrived I had bacon egg and beans?? I would like to forgive the mistakes with my order but the customer service or lack off was awful, it would appear that people coming in for a £5.50 breakfast got the preferential treatment not the person that had paid to stay a guest in the hotel

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Singlefemale186402

Reviewed 17 November 2011

I stayed here for a night recently and really enjoyed it. The room was clean, comfortable and good value. The staff were friendly and attentive and the breakfast in the morning was delicious (slightly under-cooked black pudding aside).

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank MatthewSS676
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Four of us stayed at the Queens Royal over the weekend 14-16 Oct 2011.Our experience was fantastic. We have stayed in hotels through out the world big named hotels, but the service and staff stand head and shoulders above them all. From the moment we booked in to when we booked out it was perfect. The rooms were very clean and comfortable AND QUIET, rooms 8 and 10 and great views. The breakfasts were great and the menus in the restaurant were excellent on both nights with a good selection of wines served by great waitresses Cath and Emma. we would recommend this hotel very highly.

Room Tip: ask for a seaview
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Very late decision to spend a weekend in Liverpool - little availability with returning students and the big match - so took a punt on the Queen's Royal (isn't New Brighton like Brighton only newer?) and by and large it was a good decision.

We got room number 10 - superb sea/estuary view and decent sized room/bathroom. New Brighton is "interesting" - it's actually a solid Victorian resort gone a bit to seed - but lots of new development including a Morrison's supermarket about to open, so it's almost like the "proper" seaside, and everyone is friendly and helpful. We explored the Wirral a bit and the sea and birdlife are well worth a look. Sunday breakfast was enormous, the large number of locals, ramblers and day trippers mingled with guests shows it's good and good value. Only quibbles were the piped disco music outside at 7.30am and the general pain of getting back and forth into Liverpool via a badly signed diversion, so hardly the Hotel's fault.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Stayed here for one night with my husband and teenage son in a triple room. Our welcome was good, and the room lovely. Three very comfortable single beds in a bright clean room with great bedding. Unusual to get double duvets on single beds and made all the difference.
Had a wonderful view out over the river too.

Breakfast on Sunday morning was very good, we were so well looked after. All the items served were good quality, and the restaurant offered a great choice. Best hotel coffee I've had in a while. What a treat to be able to eat until 11 am.

The lady running the Queens Royal was very helpful friendly and efficient and had a good rapport with her staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Not sure why Trip Advisor links the Queen's Royal with b&b establishments as it is a fully-fledged hotel. It has a great location on the New Brighton promenade. We took four rooms for a family get-together. We looked out over the Mersey estuary, the lighthouse and Fort Perch Rock. However, there are only a limited number of rooms with such a magnficent view and the rest of our party weren't so lucky.
Our room was huge but the downside was the tiny bathroom where you have to be a contortionist to get into the shower as the sink only allows the door to partially open. By contrast, our daughter's room had a massive bathroom (but a view of the side street!). Apart from a liquid soap dispenser on the wall, the bathroom lacked any toiletries.
Nice restaurant serving a hearty breakfast and meals throughout the day. The lively bar (with nostalgic pictures of the days when New Brighton boasted the largest outdoor swimming pool in Europe and a tower taller than Blakcpool's) had a good range of real ales.
Just over the road construction is at an advanced stage on the hypermarket and leisure complex due to open in autumn 2011. This will include a Travel Lodge but I reckon if I was back in New Brighton I would head again for the friendly Queen's Royal.

Room Tip: Make sure it is at the front (we were in number 5)
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2011

To The Manager.
Sir. I would just like to tell you that my wife and I stayed at your hotel on Sat.21st May and the way we were looked after from reception on booking in till breakfast on Sun morning was fantastic,we have stayed at some top hotels around the world and not found staff like you have in New Brighton,nothing was too much trouble for them and you could tell it was genuine and not toungue in cheek,it is difficult to pick out individuals but the Night Porter and Charlie who was there very late was still cheerful on Sun morning.
Well done by all concerned and I would not hesitate in recommending the hotel to anyone.
Yours very happy.

#1 of 1 in New Brighton
Hollins Hey Hotel
Hollins Hey Hotel
#4 of 5 in New Brighton

Been to The Queen's Royal? Share your experiences!