“Amazing staff”
Review of The Queen's Royal

The Queen's Royal
Ranked #5 of 5 New Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Staff are amazing, truly amazing. Very helpful nothing is too much for them! The rooms are nice but nothing special! Television is a bit small and room isnt ensuite. Not really keen on walking Down the hall in my boxers to the bathroom. The communal space is a bit unclear should be signs to advise on fridge usage etc! All in all bar staff and restaurant staff are great.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed 12 September 2012

We arrived 7pm on a friday night with a friendly greeting, the bar was busy ad the tenders very chatty and polite.

After returning back from a night out at aroung 1am we where let in by the night cleaner who was very nice to us.

The bed was comfortable although we had a back room with the fans going off during the night, we just shut the window to drown out the noise. The breakfast was good and the evening food was lovely.

We will come again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2012

have stayed at the queens a few times,more recently for five days...the staff are friendly and helpfull,the food to die for,and the rooms are great..a few little minor things need to b sorted in the rooms we have had but they are little and didnt effect are enjoyment here...we find this hotel a home from home offering the kind of hospitality u would wish to find.will be back to stay for the new years eve event if not before...cant wait to come back...and by the way queens royal..jan should be nominated for an award,shes a star...xx..see u all soon xx

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I think the Queens needs to reinvent itself, it has a lot of competiton now. It needs a bit of touching up in places inside the restaurant, I have noticed it is getting a face lift outside. The staff have never really been friendly here and seemed to be more interested with its regulars than with any of the other customers, this needs to change if it wants to bring in more customers. The food is still ok but is a little pricey, I think perhaps a few deals would help or is this restaurant not that type of place meaning pretending to be something its not?

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ladysmum
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Tgis old dame was renovated in 2010 and they did a good job. Despite the old exterior the interior decor is quite modern yet wear and tear in only two years meant that there were painters there when we visited refreshing mouldimgs and walls in the lobby.
Rooms were quite large and ours had a great view of the pier. The hotel is well situated at the heart of everything you need to see in Brighton.
Breakfast selection was adequate. My only quibble is wifi which was too weak to reach beyond the doorway of my room at 405. Surely another booster could fix that.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This is a hotel view, we did not eat in the restaurant except from the breakfast which was lovely. Unfortunately the accommodation did not live up to the standard of the restaurant. We booked a twin room online one month before the visit, me and my mother were attending a family party in the area. When arrived the front of the building was covered in scaffolding and we laughed that we would book the only hotel in the area in that state. We were greeted by a pleasant lady in the reception area which was also a modern restaurant. We were asked for payment and a member of staff to showed us to our room 3A. Once we reached the room the door number was a photo copy stuck on the door. The room was adequate enough, two single beds, one wardrobe, a mirror, a tv and two bed side cabinets with a table lamp. There were two plug sockets although one had a large crack through it which can not be safe, I have uploaded a photo with the review, also one of the bed side cabinets had a broken handle. I don't want to be petty it was the whole stay that prompted this review.

My mother was not happy as the only window in the room was a sky light in the ceiling. I went to reception and was greeted by the same woman who was very friendly on arrival. I pleasantly explained the situation as my mother felt a little claustrophobic and I asked if there were any other rooms available. The receptionist did not answer me she took the room key from my hand and wandered out of site. A minute or two later a blonde lady came out from the office to speak to me, I can only presume she was the manager as the lady who I was originally speaking to followed her and stood by her side. The manager told me that we could change rooms at the cost of £15 extra, the room would normally be £22.50 more so I would be saving £7.50 on the room rate. The manager was not friendly and did not smile once. I also noticed that it looked like they there was plenty of available rooms as the accommodation rack was displayed in full view, however these rooms may well have been more expensive for all I know. My mother didn't come down to reception with me so I explained that I would need to ask if she would be happy paying more and I also asked that if she wasn't happy would a refund be possible so we could seek further accommodation. The manager looked at me blankly and the receptionist informed me that it was not possible as 24hour notice needs to be given.

I spoke to my mum and we both agreed one night wasn't worth any hassle, I went back down to reception and said we we would stay where we were. We went to our family party and arrived back to the hotel around 12am. A female member of staff let us in and we asked if we could get a drink but was told it was too late. She left us and let herself into the bar area which was playing music and clearly parting. I'm no expert but was under the impression that hotel guests could get a drink at any time. This seemed to be confirmed at 8.30am when we went down to the restaurant and the only other guests at breakfast were drinking pints of beer. On a lighter note we slept well and enjoyed our full English the nest day.

Overall I say that although we had a roof over our heads for the night the price did not reflect what we received.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank JoManchester21
Reviewed 2 July 2012

For my birthday treat, we went to The Queen's Roral Hotel restaurantt on Friday 29th June. Menu was dIssapointing in the choice. Not a single starter tempted us, so skipped it all together, many of the starters were fish dishes, (Allergic to fish). Main meal, asked for roast beef dinners. Told no beef. choice of belly pork or gammon. Did not fancy either. Opted for steaks. Wanted salad, was told no salad. On menu steak comes with chips. i wanted jacket potato. no jacket potatoes, they offered new potatoes, but had to confirm with chef first.
chef agreed, steaks arrive. Not happy at first sight. On the plate was a small round steak, on top of it was a greasy mushroom. There was a half a tomatoe, and many new potatoes. I was hoping for some veg as i couldn't have salad. Also ordered diane sauce at £2,00 extra. The steak was smoothered in pepper, i like pepper, but this was way too much. The sauce was luke warm, way too thin in consitency with fat floating on the top. As i was starving and had not eaten for nearly 2 days, i ate it. The sauce was very sweet, which did not go with the excess pepper on the steak. At £40.00 for 2 drinks and 2 meals, i find it expensive and poor choice and quality.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
#3 of 5 in New Brighton
The New Brighton Hotel
The New Brighton Hotel
#1 of 1 in New Brighton

Been to The Queen's Royal? Share your experiences!