“Best cinema around”
Review of The Light Cinema

The Light Cinema
More attraction details
Owner description: The Light is an 8 screen cinema with state of the art digital picture and sound auditorium. This is not just a cinema, but a social hub for locals and visitors. Upon entering The Light you will be welcomed into a spacious café bar where you can have a drink and a light bite before or after the film. Enjoy a refreshing beer or a delicious coffee and choose from a selection of sandwiches and sweet treats. Specially created, movie themed artwork provides the backdrop for this café where you can sit and discuss the films. As an extra special touch, all screens are licensed, so you are free to take your refreshments into the screen to enjoy with your movie.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have been to the Light so many times since opening and each time we have had a good positive experience wether it being a family film with the kids or an adult film in the evening .

Nice seats, nice atmosphere and plenty of parking.

Staff are very helpful and the place is always clean. It's nice to have a bar too especially if going in the evening you can even take a wine into the theatre in a plastic glass so feels like a nice proper adult kid free night out .

The popcorn in fresh and much nicer than the stuff available in the other local cinemas.

Good choice of films and huge attraction is not paying extra for 3 D and booking online with 3 children this makes a huge difference.

When it first Opened the cinema was a lot cheaper than the others around, now it isn't which is a shame but the kids am movies though More expensive than the vue are usually more current movies and I have booked to take my children tomorrow. At peak times the children now get a free popcorn so although cost wise it isn't cheaper than the other cinemas now its on a par price wise but they get a little bonus and as far as I am concerned the overall experience is much nicer. My children always ask to go the light . My only little niggle is as its got only 8 screens I think and is so popular often not all the movies are available in 2 and 3 D . Th children went to see train the dragon 2 the other weekend and it was only in 2 D but their free popcorn masked their disappointment as they are on,y young still.

If you need a cinema on the Wirral I would recommend this one over the Vue for overall experience and would say skip the one in Bromborough completely as its dreadful and not in the league of the light.

All reviews
"value for money"
in 9 reviews
"seating area"

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is my favourite cinema by far. Lots of space and great prices. My family love it here every time !!!!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have stopped going to the cinema in Birkenhead for the simple fact that there is usually popcorn all over the floor and you get knocked on the back of your seat at least four times throughout the movie.
The Light Cinema is fantastic. It's spacious, airy and the seats are comfortable. I only ever go to this cinema now.

The only problem that I will highlight is that there should be more staff on the tills, for example, when we went to watch a movie last month, the queue was going out the main doors and on the street. It was ridiculous. At least make a separate area for tickets/food/printed off tickets and not have them all on one section.

Overall, a good cinema.

1  Thank HolidaysGirl18
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I regularly visit the Light Cinema. Its a very modern and clean place and staff seem friendly. I've been the Vue in Birkenhead and to be honest it does not compare whatsoever.

1  Thank TomAndClay