“Tasty food with fantastic view”

Floral Pavilion Cafe
Ranked #16 of 38 Restaurants in New Brighton
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Enjoyed a visit to New Brighton on a beautiful day. Decided on having lunch at the cafe as able to enjoy the magnificent view. My husband had turkey sandwiches and I had baked potato, both delicious. The tables were clean and tidy .Would recommend visiting the Floral Hall as it is a stylish building with a wonderful theatre.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We booked a table for a pre theatre meal and were thoroughly disappointed!! We won't dine there again!! Tables were so sticky I asked the waitress to clean it but she told us that we have to expect this as they are 10 years old. She also blamed the different cleaning chemicals used by the theatre cleaners and those they used. There was no background music or anything at all to enhance the experience - I wouldn't eat there if it were free of charge! It is such a shame as New Brighton has improved so much over recent years. Carringtons get your act together or let another firm take over!!

2  Thank gourmet42
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I while looking after our baby grandson on a sunny afternoon decided to stop off at the cafe for a cold refreshing lager and give us time to give baby his bottle. The cafe was not very busy but we were a bit disappointed to find some tables still containing dirty dishes. My husband started clearing a corner table so we could put pram out of the way of any other customers whereby a lovely chirpy waitress came to take away the dirties. The service was very good and the staff very friendly. There were no problems giving baby his bottle and we were made to feel very welcome. We would visit again if out in the area again.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Expensive, poor cafe-style menu and dirty cups. When returned there wasn't even an apology, it was as if we were invisible; just handed out another one. Try the Seaside cafe on the corner just a few yards further down the prom. Not as plush but so much better!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My wife and I recently had a pre-theatre dinner in the Floral Pavilion Cafe. The food was average for the price and the view over the river and out to sea was splendid. The problem was the staffs’ training or rather lack of it. I do not blame the individuals but starting with confusion over our booking, bringing the wrong order TWICE and keeping us waiting ages for our bill made us very unlikely to return. Nice view though.