“Worst Hotel I have Ever Stayed In”
Review of Hollins Hey Hotel

and 1 more site!
Hollins Hey Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 New Brighton B&B and Inns
wellingborough northants england
“Worst Hotel I have Ever Stayed In”
Reviewed 18 April 2005

I arrived with my grandaughter on her 9th birthday to what i can only call the worst hotel i have ever stayed in.
We got off the train after a long and tiring journey to look across the road happy to see the hotel, but when we arrived at the front entrance there was a padlock on the gate. We had to walk back along the road up a steepish hill and along another road to find the back entrance. we arrived and i complained to the management explaining i wasn't very happy as i have a neck and back injury from a car accident and pulling my case up the hill had made it worse .. he never evened offered to carry it upstairs for me.,he told me it was locked to stop people cutting through.
I had thought breakfast was included in the price as on the page i booked from it said bed and breakfast but was told for £70 per night it was room only , the room was in poor decoration with cigarette burns in the carpet and a window that did not close as the handle was broken off , the paint was in a very bad state on the widow sills the shower was appauling . As we had been therefor about an hour we began to get colder and colder and asked for the heating to be put on as it was a very cold and windy wet day, the heating was very poor the radiator was only mildly warm and when we arrived home after an evening at the theatre the room was freezing we had to go to bed with socks on.as no one was on duty (but it was late)i awoke at 3am to find the room freezing and had to get out to fetch blankets from the cupboard .
In the morning i told the manager i wanted to go to a different hotel but was offered another room which was alot smaller and overlooked the noisy trains but the radiator worked better in that room. For £140 room only for 2 nights i expected the hotel to be of a much higher quality than this.
In my estimation the rooms were a poor £25 a night b&b standard .The dining room looked very nice but was unable to use it as our shows were at 7.30 and the dining room did not open until 7pm a little late for people with evening entertainments booked.
My friends stayed at the Hilton in Northampton (my home town) last month for less than this with breakfast both mornings and dinner on the first night included, with great ammenities .
I certainly would never recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed April 2005
15 Thank CathyHomann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Brighton
#1 of 1 in New Brighton
Dunsandles Guest House
Dunsandles Guest House
#2 of 5 in New Brighton

Been to Hollins Hey Hotel? Share your experiences!