“Good meals at a reasonable price.”
Review of The Master Mariner

The Master Mariner
Ranked #20 of 39 Restaurants in New Brighton
Cuisines: European, International, British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Good meals at a reasonable price. Catered for 30 for Saturday lunch with only 24 hours notice and sat us all together. Pleasant staff who worked hard to please. Thank you 'The Master Mariner'.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

A Great BIG Breakfast it filled me to the gunnales would recommend it came on a big plate we eat it with a knife and a fork

Reviewed 23 April 2014

It was Easter Saturday so myself, my wife & my baby took my mum & dad to meet up with my 2 sisters, one of there boyfriends & there child for a day out in New Brighton, when we got there they had already had there breakfast which I was told was really tasty, but we had already eaten, so a bit gutted as it did look nice.
We had a little drink then left to go for a walk down the prom with the idea of going back later for a bite to eat for a late dinner.

We arrived back at the wether spoons which I must admit is a very clean & presented well gem of a pub, to order some meals, but everyone else had bought fish & chips on the prom,
but myself & my wife decided to wait & after looking at the menu I went up to the bar & spoke to a polite young girl who took my order & also explained what the gourmet hot dogs consisted of, so I ordered x2 gourmet hot dogs one with pulled bbq pork & a plain gourmet hot dog for the wife both with chips & onion rings with a really tasty sweet mustard & a drink each but when our meals arrived my wife's plain hot dog had no onion rings with it, so I called the server back who said you have ordered a plain gourmet hot dog & I said yes I have but there's no onion rings on this one to which he said but you ordered it plain & again I said yes a plain gourmet hot dog with onion rings & chips & mustard, but he said you asked for a plain hot dog at this point my wife just said its fine & sat down with her meal to enjoy what little she had of it.

I know what the server took on my order as I had the receipt, but this guys attitude was above & beyond arrogant to not just myself, but also my wife & my family,
there are more bars that serve food on the prom & to allow myself to go back to the master mariner will not be at the top of my to do list.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Went for a cheap tea out with my brother and partner and I have to say I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would!the service was brilliant,the food was really
Good - my Mexican chicken burger was fab as was the Mexican beef burger,the hotdog and the sides we ordered!the whole meal came to £21 including drinks - bargain!!

1  Thank Mcvity3
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Group of 7 girls having our usual monthly catch up and chose The Master Mariner as it was curry night. The bar staff are polite and friendly. For £5.99 I had the Chicken Korma which came with a naan bread, 2 poppadoms and basmati rice with a drink included in the price, I chose the Rosè (nice) 3 of my friend's chose the Tikka Masala unfortunately all 3 who ordered the Tikka sent their food back as the curry was stone cold in the middle, the waitress immediately apologised and took their dishes away and came back 10mins later with fresh piping hot currys for them. To be fair the restaurant was so busy so I we appreciated their error however the waitress put this right immediately! We all agreed the food here was lovely and great value too. The restaurant is very clean and decor very modern..a very pleasant evening all round. Would recommend.

leanne m, Manager at The Master Mariner, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Thank you for your review of The Master Mariner. As you pointed out we were extremely busy on thursday and i can only apologise about the cold meals. I am glad this was sorted for you quickly. Hope to see you again soon.