“Got it right again”

The Hop Pole Inn
Ranked #4 of 52 Restaurants in Bewdley
Price range: US$16 - US$24
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family run Restaurant and Bar situated in the Georgian town of Bewdley. Menu ranges from Pub Food Favourites to Gastro pub so something for everyone. Real Ales and Chilled lagers with a interesting Wine List. Nice relaxed atmosphere with friendly attentive staff.
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My second visit to The Hop Pole was as good as the first and Daren wasn't even on duty, he was visiting family in Devon. He's obviously got his staff trained well as the food and service were excellent.
Wealthy friends from very close to the restaurant tell me the place is always busy, they have eaten there on several occasions and have never had a poor meal.
I'm taking my wife there for her birthday in April.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Re-visited a few weeks ago (previously visited last summer) on a Wednesday "music" night and oh dear, I am sorry to say our visit was dissapointing. Whilst even taking into account that this has resently changed hands, we felt that this was not an acceptable excuse for such a change ;0(
The "menus" (pieces of A4 paper on industrial clip boards!) were brought to us after waiting 20 mins, the service was slow and un-friendly and the food when it eventually arrived was luke warm and uninteresting (and not cheap!) , the only saving grace was the excellent ale! Entertainment was below average and in conclusion...sorry folks, we won't be back.

2  Thank Alice M
HopPolers, Owner at The Hop Pole Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear Alice, We are very sorry to hear your comments and felt you had to write on trip advisor rather than speaking to us direct? Daren and I, for anyone that know us work so hard on giving our guests a great experience. We boast very friendly service and Daren's food is being very well received. We are dissappointed to hear this was not the case for you. The music is a complimentary extra we put on every Wednesday to break up the week. We usually get it right and have many happy people enjoying it. I would be interested to hear which date you came so I can see which band was playing. The clip boards haven't been in operation for at least four months as we agree they were not what we are all about. On a Wednesday the set menu is £15.00 for 2 courses which I feel is great value.

For every 1 complaint we have we also receive at least 100 compliments so please do feel that you can visit us again as I guess we are only human and didn't hit the button with your visit. My email address is louise@thehoppolebewdley.co.uk so please do let me know all information so I can look into your comments Many Thanks Louise and Daren.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

recently visited the hop pole for a meal for the first time!was really pleased with the food it was fab and the atmosphere was also great.the only complaint was with the service or lack of it!!we sat for at least 20 minutes and no one bought a menu,we had to go and find it for ourselves!!the staff were very busy I appreciate,but I think on busy nights they should make sure they have enough staff on,this will dissapoint people and it would be a real shame if they loose custom because of it!!!

2  Thank Fred-and-Ginger69
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Called in here based on being No1 in the listings at the moment. It did not disappointing. Getting there before they started service (6pm) did not cause to much of a problem and I was happily tucking into my dinner by 6.20. at £25 for food and two pints not the cheapest food around but excellent quality.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

What a joy to find a new pub to add to the very short list of local pubs that are excellent. This is no boil in the bag 2 for 1. Quality food and great wine at reasonable prices. The interior is the perfect mix between contemporary restaurant and country pub. The overall experience is excellent. Continuity and speed of service needs a little attention, but as a caterer myself know this takes time to perfect with a new team. The review from the person with poor spelling and grammer is obviously from a person with no calibre to criticise and should really be ignored. Try The Hop Pole and decide for yourselves. If you want a great place to eat and drink, you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank 9LoveFood