“Would return”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bewdley
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Would return”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Lovely location. Hotel staff without exception were very helpful and attentive and this more than made up for the hotel's slightly faded grandure.
Restaurant food quality and presentation was excellent but prices were high. What made this particularly galling was the fact our 2-for1 'taste card' had not arrived in time so we knew we were having to pay over the odds for the evening meals over the weekend!
Now our 'taste card' has arrived, we must pay for it after the first month. If we choose not to pay then using any of the restaurants which accept the card meanse we must pay inflated prices. I say 'inflated' because they've got to cover the 2-for-1 deal. So, could it prove that establishments that accept this card could find it counter productive?

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank PeterWestSussex2013
John M, General Manager at Mercure Kidderminster Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review following your stay at Mercure Wetherby. I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience on the whole. I am sorry that you did not receive your tastecard in time but I do hope you will get the opportunity to use it in our restaurant in the near future, thank you once again for your review.

Interim General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
West Midlands
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Would like to say a massive thank you to all the staff at the hotel who made our wedding day so special. A special mention to Stuart our master of ceremonies who made sure our day ran smoothly from start to finish. Also to Helen the wedding planner who was on hand any time I had a question. Our room was huge which was a good job with 4 bridesmaids to get ready! Food was excellent during the day and our buffet was well received by all our guests. Thanks so much.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
John M, General Manager at Mercure Kidderminster Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear aimzb_uk

Thank you for writing a review following your recent wedding at the Mercure Kidderminster and I am delighted that our staff and venue fitted your wedding needs so well. I am especially pleased Stewart and Helen made sure your day was one to be remembered. Congratulations again and I hope you had/have a wonderful honeymoon!

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed only overnight and arrived 2 hours early.
The staff were very helpfull at getting me into my room as soon as possible.
I purchased a "privilege room" as it looked cheap enough on the website as did the prepaid breakfast.
There was no elevator but this is understandable in a building of this age and design.
The room was quite a suprise. Large and well apointed with quite a nice private outdoor area.
The bathroom was large, as was the bed. The bed was great and i slept well. There was absolutely no noise from any other part of the motel in my room from the moment i closed the door.
There was ample parking. The breakfast was worth the money.

Room Tip: Ask for room 3 privilege rrom.
Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and I am delighted you had such an enjoyable stay. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed overnight to attend a dinner for in excess of 50 people.

Our room was spotless and comfortable but a little bland. I did moan because there was no mirror at the dressing table, closest to the electrical sockets and I wanted to dry my hair. However my partner found that the full length mirror door opened to provide not just the hideaway cupboard for the tea and coffee making things but also sockets and another mirror on the rear of the door. That sorted my problem!

The function room was a good size. Our meal was tasty and hot and everyone was served within minutes by friendly staff who doubled up on their jobs (ie serving behind the bar and waiting at tables). Breakfast next morning was also good.

Someone else has mentioned the steps up to reception. We are fit and healthy but I could see it would be a real problem for others if they are unable to climb steps with a suitcase.

If we attend the same event next year, I'd look forward to staying for the whole weekend as the surrounding countryside is well worth exploring.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review following your stay at Mercure Kidderminster. I have passed on your comments to the whole team I am very pleased that you found your stay very comfortable and we hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This hotel is ideally situated close to Bewdley and Kidderminster, and there is a bus stop just outside which goes to both of them.
Also not far from Safari park and Steam railway.
On arrival we found it awkward having to carry our luggage up about 12 steps to reception, no ramp.
The receptionist was very helpful, even printed out the bus timetables for us and highlighted the times and routes for us.
The room was very clean and modern, the bed was really comfortable.
The hotel also has free use of the leisure centre next door, which has a pool in it.
We had dinner in the hotel and the food was excellent as was the service and the staff were very friendly, The breakfast was also first class, We would recommend this hotel to everyone.

1 Thank Ian W
John M, General Manager at Mercure Kidderminster Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a positive review regarding your stay at the Mercure Kidderminster Hotel. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable visit and I hope that we can welcome you back in our hotel soon. Thank you once again.

Glasgow
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were very recently married @ this venue & the staff were tremendous from start to finish. They couldn't do enough to help & went above & beyond the call of duty when my 'husband to be' forgot his shoes.
Our very special thanks go to all of the staff who made our day so very special for ourselves & our guests. We can't thank you all enough and it delights us to recommend this hotel whatever your needs or occasion.

Room Tip: Ask the staff......
Dear Karen & Tom,

Thank you so much for your kind comments, I am delighted that your special day was such a memorable one and I have passed on your comments to the whole team. Congratulations again and thank you for your review.

Dominc Biggin
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Thoroughly enjoyable stay here last weekend. All the staff are helpful and make you feel welcome. Food was particularly excellent and not like some other chains that serve up luke warm dishes which fail to hit the spot. Room was clean and comfortable. Definitely would choose to stay there again.

Room Tip: Hotel well back from the room and no noise even though hotel was very busy
1 Thank Chris C
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one

Interim General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bewdley
Gainsborough House Hotel
Premier Inn Kidderminster Hotel
Premier Inn Kidderminster Hotel
#2 of 5 in Kidderminster
The Granary Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Mercure Kidderminster Hotel? Share your experiences!