“Very nice stay”

Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bewdley
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We had a lovely stay. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Staff pleasant and very efficient, breakfast was delicious, great location. We will definitely stay again in the nearer future and recommend to our friends.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for all your very kind comments. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We visited this hotel for the weekend as we got a good deal and liked the fact they had a swimming pool. There is free car parking and lovely grounds, the staff were very friendly and attentive. I liked the fact that we could relax and have a swim or head out and walk around the lovely grounds. Breakfast was of a high standard with lots of choice. The room was large with a comfy bed, one negative thing I would say is that the hotel is looking a little worn. All in all 5 stars and thanks :)

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank meggeeee

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review. I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I am a local who goes to the hotel every week for a coffee, the coffee comes in all forms on plates, different sides cups, some times with home made biscuits, some times with bedroom biscuits,some times with none, loads of different staff who are always in the kitchen. Hunt the staff is one of our games.this week it took 25 mins for the staff to serve us, only to be told the coffee machine was not working. In fact we went into the hotel bar and there was a note on the bar saying go to reception for service, we did this, a member of bar staff appeared, we called him over. To be told he was busy cleaning tables, after a while he walked past us and said are you O.k. Do you need anything?
Having go some coffee from a caffertia ( 4Star ) because that's all they had we had to listen to a staff conversation as we were the only people in the bar.
Please tell me how you got 4 STARS as you can't even serve coffee? And yes I do know your new general Manager hasn't started yet. What an excuse!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor, I am always pleased to receive constructive feedback so as to maintain and improve our services. I would be very grateful for the opportunity to discuss your comments in person , so please feel free to ask for me at reception on your next visit and I will be happy to discuss your comments in more detail.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 12 January 2014

You e-mailed "Thank you for staying at the Mercure Kidderminster Hotel between 06/01/2014 and 08/01/2014. Please tell us what you thought of this hotel by clicking on the link below":
Unfortunately we did not get to stay at your hotel as my husband took ill and your staff politely pointed out that it was impossible (?) to postpone by one day due to our having paid for a discounted room. We had a 600 mile round trip planned for a 2 night stay to visit friends who had flown in from abroad, and this meant it was too far to travel for only one night (we are over 60). We accept you have a business to run and terms are terms, but customer satisfaction is also important and we will not make this mistake again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review. The rate you purchased was an advance saver rate which allows you to book our rooms at a cheaper rate, the terms & conditions for the savings you make are that they are non refundable, for a more flexible rate you could have chosen one of the other offers that could have been changed. As you can imagine we do get a lot of requests for refunds or date change and various reasons are given for these requests, for us to decide which is a more demanding reason than the next person is not fair so we have to adhere to our terms & conditions. I do hope that you husband will get well very soon and thank you again for posting your review.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

On arrival the Mercure promises good things. The large 'stately home' look and impressive grounds were a positive start until, that is, we got to our room.

Up 3 flights of narrows winding stairs carrying a suitcase, hand luggage, a baby bag and a 4 month old baby (no lifts) we arrived to the door to our 'room' - and there wasn't much of that - which was already open. After picking up a used towel from the floor we thought we'd make some tea. To do this we had to boil the kettle on the tatty old un vacuumed carpet - fire hazard?? with children?? - as there was nowhere else to plug it in. There was no remote for the TV so we couldn't use it due to the need to select 'TV' or 'radio' via the select button on the remote. We had to squeeze between the bed and wardrobe to get to the bathroom and even then the door wouldn't open fully as the bed was so close. A bedside table was missing with only the pressure marks in the carpet to let you know that there once was one.

Well, we were only staying one night so we'd put up with it.

As we left to visit family we asked at reception for replacement towels and a TV remote. Rather than the standard 'OK, what room number?' we had a struggle to have our request met. We came back 7 hours later to find the old towels still on the floor and no remote so my wife went to politely complain. The manager was preoccupied with a wedding so another receptionist moved us to another room which was easily twice the size and at the same price. Once again though the carpets were old and worn out, un vacuumed and stained with the kettle needing to be placed on the floor to boil. Also the bed was lop sided which wasn't ideal for a good night sleep. The TV had a choice of about 7 fuzzy channels and there were no biscuits in either room (4 star?)

To top it off we had to walk over a lot of broken glass that was scattered over the steps leading down to the car park when we left.

We weren't looking for anything special but we did pay £90 instead of £70 for the Premier Inn thinking that it might be nicer and we definitely made the wrong choice.

That's my moan over.

On a positive note we did eat lunch there and the food was very nice indeed.

And we saw a squirrel.

Room Tip: If stairs are a problem or you have a lot of luggage then it might be wise to request a ground floor...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
John M, General Manager at Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I am sorry we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, if you would like to contact me at gm.mercurekidderminster@jupiterhotels.co.uk, I would be grateful for the opportunity to discuss this in more detail and please accept my apologies once again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We held our Wedding reception here on September 21st 2013 - Despite some intial lapses in communication , the whole event went without a hitch - the food was amazing and I would like to thank John, Helen and Stuart for there help on the day. I would recommend the Balmoral suite as venue as well as the DJ. John was particulary helpful in the latter stages of the reception planning and we appreciate the time and effort he went to to get our day the way we had envisaged it.

Natalie & Chris Turner

Room Tip: The coronet Suite was a lovely room to stay in.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Natalie & Chris,

Thank you for posting your review. I am very pleased to hear that we made your day memorable. I always take great delight when reading our team made a wedding day extra special. I have passed on your comments to John, Helen & Stewart and congratulations once again!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We had the honour of attending a recent wedding at the Mercure Kidderminister and I had the foresight to book a room for the night. What a sensible decision! The hotel is fantastic and set in lovely grounds. The room was fairly large (a lot bigger than I imagined) and very comfortable as well as being excellently-appointed. The staff are very friendly and helpful and all the catering staff involved in the wedding celebrations worked extremely hard. An excellent breakfast the following morning complemented our stay perfectly. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Go that little bit extra and book room 27 or thereabouts.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for all your very kind comments. I am glad that you had a enjoyable stay and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future

Dominic Biggin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bewdley
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
Travelodge Kidderminster
Travelodge Kidderminster
#1 of 5 in Kidderminster
The Granary Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel? Share your experiences!