“Short Break experience”

Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bewdley
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Just spending 3 nights at the Mercure Kidderminster. Has been very good once the room allocated on arrival was changed. Hotel very kindly gave us a family room which was nice. Initial room was Room seven which is an attic room. My wife has a problem with stairs and there is no lift to the attic rooms which is accessed by winding, steep, narrow stairs. Rm 7 is in need of a refurb, Ensuite is a toilet and shower. The washbasin is actually in the bedroom (shades of the old B&Bs) Carpet had stains .Fortunately, reception managed to re-allocate. Breakfast excellent, Evening Dinner, pre booked very nice. You had the option of the 3 course set meal (3 choices each course) 0r an allowance of £22 against the A La Carte. Only moan, Coffee after the meal not included. Also, Wine expensive, £19.50 cheapest bottle -House wine. Overall average of £129 per room Dinner, Bed Breakfast for two quite good value. Staff very pleasant . Have read bad reviews and can only assume that they had one of the old part of the building rooms (Rms 1 - 9). Overall a nice stay . We were meeting up with friends.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor room. Avoid Rooms 1 - 9 in old part of hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
John M, General Manager at Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and I hope to welcome you back in our hotel soon. Thank you once again for your review

There are newer reviews for Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was my 2nd year staying here for the Cheltenham Festival as part of a tour group. I noticed straight away on arrival that there had been some improvements for the better between this year and last year. The Decor of the hotel had definitely improved and been given a fresh look, there was new management and one or two staff changes, and the room I had was significantly better than last year. What makes this hotel a winner for us though is the staff. Whether we have a good or bad day at the races, or whether we give them dodgy tips or not, the staff (particularly the bar staff) are always there with a smile willing to serve us and even join us (don't tell the boss!) with some liquid refreshments. They have a lot to listen to and a lot to contend with but they cope admirably and even join in the banter with the punters. Racing Post is delivered to the room every morning and if u forget your toothpaste or toothbrush, they will give you one at reception, which is a nice touch! For our purposes, this hotel meets all our needs. If you're looking for luxury, Gourmet food or a lively hotel with plenty of entertainment on your doorstep then you should probably look elsewhere but if your looking for a bit of solace after a long day at the races then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: I think the rooms on the lower floor are the best for some reason
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on trip advisor and I was so pleased to see that you had another enjoyable stay with us. I do hope we get the chance to welcome you back again for the festival next year! Thank you once again

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel as it was close by to an event we were attending and thought we would make the most of it being round the corner from West Midlands safari park and visit there the next day. Unfortunately the night we stayed there was a wedding at the hotel (it sounded as though it was directly below our room) and we could hear the music quite loudly in our room till gone 1am, this was followed by hearing the clean up operation once it was over, being light sleepers we unfortunately didn't get much sleep.
Had I not been kept awake I would have given this review 4 stars, the staff we very friendly, the room was very spacious, and exceptionally clean, the 12pm checkout meant we could have a good lie in to make up for some of our lost sleep, it is set in beautiful grounds and really is only round the corner from the safari park. We didn't have breakfast or use the spa facilities so I cannot comment on them.

Room Tip: If there's a wedding on ask for a room as far enough away as possible
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to post your review and if you could contact me on gm.mercurekidderminster@jupiterhotels.co.uk I would be delighted for the opportunity to discuss this in more detail.

Dominc Biggin

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This hotel was booked for our son's wedding and it was the perfect location. The grounds made a beautiful backdrop for the photographs. The staff were without exception friendly, helpful and courteous. They all worked hard to make the day go without a hitch which included turning the room from civil ceremony to wedding breakfast to evening disco with the minimum of disruption. Tim the Master of ceremonies was superb together with Stuart and his team. The food was hot and was excellently served. I highly recommend this venue. We had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Elaine B

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on trip advisor. It always a pleasure to see such positive comments and I have shared your review with the whole team. I do hope you will come and visit us again in the near future and thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed here one night with my wife whilst exploring the Severn Valley, Bewdley and Ludlow. On arrival we were greeted by a very pleasant young lady on reception and given access to our room which was ready for us. It had all the usual facilities we have come to expect from a Mercure hotel - tv, tea/coffee facilities ,iron,trouser press, good bathroom and super large bed which was very comfortable indeed.
During the afternoon it had begun to rain quite heavily so we headed for the leisure facilities in the hotel. We were very surprised to see such a large swimming pool ( a proper swimmers pool ) with plenty of space for a good swim. There is also an excellent steam room and a Jacuzzi . As the facilities were so good we spent a bit longer than we intended here and by the time we had returned to our room and showered it was time to go out for dinner.
We did not use the restaurant in the evening because we wanted to sample some of the local hostelries but we returned and had a nightcap at the bar which was very good. We had breakfast the following morning which was excellent
All in all an excellent stay in a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank whippet1409

Dear guest,

thank you for such a lovely review. I have passed your comments onto the whole team and we do hope you get the chance to come and visit us again in the not too distant future. Thank you once again for your review

Reviewed 7 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have used this hotel for meetings many times and look forward to the opportunity to staying a night.

Unfortunately, my expectations were not met by the hotel. The rooms are ok, the TV is small, there is no bottled water and a small thing was the lack of adventure in the tea and coffee department. In e better hotels I stay at, there is a choice of teas, coffees and hot chocolate and biscuits, no much too ask really.

I didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening, but I had my breakfast there, it was ok, although at a cost of £13.95' it's the same as a large chain hotel but didn't meet the standard I would expect. What compounded the problem was at check out, I was asked if I'd been offered the £8 breakfast voucher? No......

Unlikely too use again.

Room Tip: Book your breakfast the night before, even if you're not asked...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on trip advisor. It is always helpful to receive constructive feedback so as to maintain and improve our services. If you would be kind enough to contact myself on 033gm@jupiterhotels.co.uk, I would be grateful for the opportunity to discuss this in more detail.
Thank you once again for your review.

Dominic Biggin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bewdley
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
Travelodge Kidderminster
Travelodge Kidderminster
#1 of 5 in Kidderminster
The Granary Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel? Share your experiences!