“Don't always go by what other people say !”

Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bewdley
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My partner won a gift voucher at work and it was for working , so we decided to book via a red letter days package a one night stay in a hotel as close as pos to the seven valley railway . We found that the mercure hotel ticked all the boxes , spa , pool ,old building etc , so we booked . I checked on trip advisor as one does but found a few not very nice reviews , so I was shocked to find after we had spent Sunday and the night with meal included how wrong other people had been .right from the start when we arrived , a warm welcome by the young lady on reception , key cards , directions , help in all ways , largest indoor pool been in , so spent few hours chilling before sitting out on terrace with drinks before a quick change and into restaurant for lovely meal .more drinks and off to comfortable large bed and zzzzzzz. Breakfast not rushed then said our goodbyes , and think it was a manager on the door on leaving so thank you very much , so don't always read into deep of other peoples stories .

Room Tip: Not to sure because we stayed on ground floor away from bar area in newer side
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael S
John M, General Manager at Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to see that you your stay was such an enjoyable one. Our whole team works very hard to ensure the highest customer service to our guests and I have passed on your kind comments to the whole team. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Just had a 1 night stay here, never visited this mercure before but have to say staff were lovely extremely helpful. Big thankyou to Harriet.Natalie on reception and also to Megan in restaurant a delightful young lady. Ground are lovely and will definately recommend this hotel to family and friends. Thankyou also Manager Biggin for the crisps.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments on trip advisor and it was a pleasure to meet you during your stay. (it's a small world!) I have also shared your comments with the whole team and I do hope you come and visit us again if the opportunity arises. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here when visiting West Midlands Safari Park (not too far by car). Lovely! This was our first stay at a Mecure, it was lovely, Staff were friendly, the breakfast was beautiful (tried eggs Benedict for the first time!) lovely pool facilities too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sian1992

Dear Guest,

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your comments on trip advisor and that you had such an enjoyable stay. I Do hope you get the opportunity to visit us again very soon and get the chance to sample some more delightful options from our breakfast menu.
Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Sharon B
John M, Manager at Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We went for a 4 night break during a busy week, but Harriet on Reception was super helpful in sorting us to our favourite room 23. We stayed in that room last year, quiet ground floor near the back of the hotel & had the magical sight of the rabbits rabbits bouncing round the grass in the moonlight several nights round 3am!!
Our first night was a Sunday & dinner was superb. Although it was only just us two for dinner that night, the we had great meals and cheerful kind service by Stuart, the poor chef worked just for us too. We hoped to repeat the excellent cooked & presented bream again on our second night, but sadly the seasonal menu was changed & no bream! Never mind, we will return next year at the right time!!
All the staff are kindly & cheerful, making you feel really welcome. Susan has been with the hotel 21 years and even remembered us from last year. The room are are very efficent and discreet, with careful eye to detail.
The gardens are informal and very well kept by the team, with a long circular walk round the garden and thro a small wood.
This is one of our favourite hotels to relax and unwind and we will surely return.
The added bonus is the close proximity of West Midlands Safari Park and The Seven Valley Railway and Bewdley Museum (our 3 star attractions in the area).

Room Tip: All rooms have excellent views of the surrounding countryside, especially the front ones.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on trip adviser, it is always a pleasure to read such positive comments and I do hope you come back and visit us again very soon and thank you once again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We booked a 2-night break at this lovely 4-star Mercure hotel for our wedding anniversary. Our room was very good, except that it hadn't been cleaned properly (spiders & web in one corner, unwashed bathroom floor) but they put that right for us when we asked. We were very well looked after, and the food was very good (best steak I've ever had!) although the staff were a little confused over how much of the meal was paid for in our online pre-booking. To compensate we were given a complimentary bottle of Champange to help celebrate our Anniversary - thank you very much!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels
John M, General Manager at Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay although I would like to apologise for any shortcomings you may have experienced. I am also grateful for your comments as it is through our guests feedback that we are able to maintain and improve the high standards we aspire to here at the Mercure Kidderminster hotel. I have also discussed your comments with the housekeeping team to see if we need to revise our procedures to ensure we prevent any further issues going forward.
Thank you once again for your review and I do hope I get the chance to welcome you back here in the near future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

When I was young it was always a habit of mine to avoid eating at any hotel where Rotary met. For a modern take, how wrong I would have been in this case.
As a hotelier for forty years I suppose I know what I'm talking about and my recent experience at this Mercure |Hotel was excellent.
I had dinner as the guest of the local Rotarian group, there were about 20 very pleasant men in the room many of whom I knew, and the evening was a great pleasure. We had soup which was piping hot and very tasty, turkey with veg and roasties, all cooked to perfection. There was also a choice of desserts and cheeses which I didn't take but they looked very good.
I've known this hotel since it was built, I've organized lunches there for 250 ladies on four occasions with such people as Christine Hamilton and Baroness Neuberger as speakers. The catering was always excellent.
I would certainly consider taking another group there if the need arose.

Room Tip: On Friday or Saturday nights there may be an event in the ballroom which is quite close to the rooms...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor. We are very proud of our relationship with the Rotary club and I am pleased that the dinner exceeded your expectations. It is always encouraging to have such positive reviews from a fellow hotelier and I do hope you get the chance to revisit us again in the near future and of course we would love to hold similiar lunches you have had with us in the past!
So please feel free to contact me at 033gm@jupiterhotels.co.uk and thank you once again for your review.

Dominic Biggin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bewdley
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
#1 of 5 in Kidderminster
Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
#7 of 8 in Bromsgrove

Been to Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel? Share your experiences!