“Little beauty!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My partner and I visited the Little Pack Horse last night. The service was great and hardly waited any time for the food to arrive. I had a feta and sweet potato pie and it was full of flavour, would have liked to try a dessert but we couldnt fit one in! Will most certainly be back again soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Ended up here after struggling to get food all over bewdley on a busy Saturday night. At ten mins to nine we were greeted very pleasantly and a table sorted (despite being extremely busy!). Chose from varied menu, being vegetarian, I chose the sausages and mash and my husband had one of the pies. All wonderful!! Sadly had to leave some food due to very generous portions which we were sad to do!! However 100 times better than leaving a restaurant still hungry after paying a fortune for a pretentious over priced mini meal served on a slate.
So impressed with this place, 2 courses for two people with drinks and coffee came in at under £40. We would have happily paid twice that, given the beautifully cooked food and excellent service in very relaxing surroundings. How refreshing!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This was our first visit to the Pack Horse, taken there by friends for a night out. Staff very good, and nice atmosphere. The food was very good and nicely presented, my wife ordered the fish pie which was piping hot and tasty. The only problem was that it should have been called a vegetable pie because it only contained 2 small pieces of salmon and no other fish. As we were somebody's guest we did not wish to cause any embarrassment and kept quiet. It will not stop us visiting again.
I did try to leave this comment on the restaurant's comments page of their website but it comes up as not available.

1  Thank Peter W
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Great night out. Staff friendly and cannot do enough for you. Real ales - many are local - fantastic! Excellent wine menu, and the foods pretty good too....really really good puddings (if you've got room)... what more could you want? First rate.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

A bastion of traditional food and excellent ale. I enjoyed a splendid steak pudding. The menu could easily be improved by replacing the flakey pastry on the pies with proper shortcrust pasty, which is, of couse, what they should have.