“Softball trip”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Indiana
New Castle
“Softball trip”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a softball trip. When we got there front desk was friendly. The hotel is outdated but does have a decent indoor pool and arcade. Our room was small and especially the bathrooms. Breakfast cost us 42$ for 3 people. so if you go there would recommend going elsewhere for breakfast. It's just a OK place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear trahen,

Thank you for staying and taking the time to review our hotel. I'm delighted with your kind comments regarding our hotel staff and pool facility.

As for our breakfast offerings, it is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our guests with our rates, but to instead offer options that make sense. Nevertheless, we always appreciate comments from our guests. We will use your feedback, including the ones about our rooms, in making decisions to improving our facility so we can serve you better in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My husband and I were in Indiana for an IUP Alumni event this past weekend. We chose this hotel because IUP had a special rate on a block of rooms here. We travel quite a bit and stay in different properties, but this was the first time we stayed at a Hoilday Inn. It reminded me of a motel with the room entrances on the outside, so that was my first inkling that this might not be so good. The room was average. No real frills. Surprisingly the bed was pretty confortable, but everything else in the room was old and was definitely showing its age. There was a lot of dust and cobwebs in the room. Clearly the cleaning staff did not do a throrough job when cleaning the room.

What I found very disturbing however was that although our bed was "made up" the next day after we returned, there was an indention in the pillow and wrinkled sheets, which made me wonder if someone had laid down on the bed after they made it! I've never seen that in MY LIFE!!!! Traveler beware!

I saw another review where someone complained about not having hot water. We experienced the same on the second day. The water was lukewarm, definitely not hot. The front desk staff did comp us $20 for the room not having hot water. At least they tried to make amends.

We did take advantage of the breakfast buffet on Sunday morning. Just last month I went to the Holiday Inn (Harrigan's) in Uniontown, PA for their breakfast buffet..it was so delicious, I decided to try this one. Needless to say I was disappointed. The food was pretty much lukewarm...just like their water!! They did not have anything near to the selection of the Uniontown Holiday Inn, which had both a chef stationed at thea waffle and omelette bar.

We stayed long enough for them to bring out hot food, and I quickly got rid of my cold food . Also surprising the drinks were not included, as they were at the Uniontown location. I did not feel it was worth the $9.99/per person.

And finally, my husband was more than a bit disappointed....it was March Madness and he tried to catch a game in between our alumni activities. Unfortunately, the selection of channels was very slim and we had to settle for a movie on HBO.

Overall. I would say...we will not be returning to his property on our next trip to IUP.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dana S
Management15701, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review in reference to your recent stay at the Indiana Holiday Inn. We appreciate the feedback and it is with this that we can continue to grow in our service efforts.

I apologize that you found our hotel to be lacking during your recent stay. As you can see from previous reviews: dusty, improperly serviced rooms are not the norm. I have forwarded your comments onto our housekeeping manager and she will be addressing with the housekeeping staff.

I have also forwarded your comments in reference to our breakfast buffet to both our F&B Manager and Chef. They are currently re-evaluating what we are serving on the buffet and for what price so that we can ensure a quality product is being offered at a valuable price.

Lastly, your comments about the water temperature are most concerning, as it indicates a maintenance issue that needs to be addressed. If you would please contact me directly to let me know what room you stayed in so that they issue can be resolved for future guests, I would really appreciate it. I can be reached at akellar@hhlhotels.com.

Again, you feedback is invaluable and much appreciated. We know you have many choices while travelling and we are thankful that you chose the Indiana Holiday Inn. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will give us another try the next time you are in Indiana, PA. We look forward to your return.

Travellers are raving about these Indiana hotels

Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 18 February 2014

was in town for 1 night to attend a funeral. Room was average and was probably last updated 10 years ago. Our room was on the second floor overlooking the indoor pool. There must have been a traveling youth hockey team (or teams) staying there also. There were about 20 to 30 under 12 yr olds in the pool. Very Very noisy. The pool was open until 10pm so if you need to be in bed earlier than 10pm, ask for a room as far away from the pool as possible. The noise was pretty much over with when the pool closed at 10, but there were still kids running around and playing on the pool table which was also right below our room.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
HI_GuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you Joh m for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn, Indiana. We did indeed have some hockey teams in that weekend and am deeply sorry that the noise affected your stay.

Again, our deepest apologies!

Best Regards and happy travels to you!
Lewisburg
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Booked a 2double room on the Holiday Inn website. Specifically selected two beds for my family of four. Arrived at 9pm to find no rooms that would sleep 4. Front desk staff made no attempt to accommodate us. Was told the website sent Standard Room which means "whatever is available". Not sure what you have to do to get the room you select on the website...needless to say, I walked out and found another hotel. Did I mention I'm a rewards member with them too? Only bright spot was that guest relations confirmed I would not be charged for the night. Worst hotel experience in recent memory. Stay anywhere else!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer W
Thank you Jenifer W for taking the time to write a review. We are very sorry that a computer glitch sent over the wrong information to us. Unfortunately due the hotel being booked for rooms with double beds, we were unable to accommodate you, as you preferred.

Again, our apologies for the mix-up.
Best Regards and Happy Travels!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This hotel has come a long way to get to where it is today and I've stayed there annually for work so I know! The common areas are still not quite there - it's hard to take what was a motel and turn it into a hotel with indoor pool. The space is just so large. And finding your room is nearly impossible. But, once there - they're renovated and as updated as you can get for a small town Holiday Inn. Just go have fun. The bar, which we called the MATADOR LOUNGE, is great when you're the entertainment - and we were. The beds are on the lower end but fine for a night. The front desk is efficient and helpful and friendly - it makes up for everything else. Will be back next year.

Room Tip: Stay first floor facing pool. no, really.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
HI_GuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Thank you, jacksondc, for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the positive feedback! We look forward to feedback so that we can improve :)

See you next year!
Happy Travels & Best Regards!
Waynesboro, Virginia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Upon arrival, my first impression was not so good of the outside of the building, but everything changed once I set foot inside the Holiday Inn, Indiana, Pa. My check-in was speedy and I walked away with a goody bag for being an IHG Rewards Club member. This bag included several snacks and best of all, a coupon that could be redeemed for a drink at the bar, a substantial breakfast coupon, or bonus points to my rewards club. I later chose the points and the front desk person quite pleasantly added them to my account when I made the request. On my walk to my room, I entered a large indoor courtyard complete with swimming pool and picnic tables with umbrellas. Surrounding this courtyard were 2 stories of rooms, mine on the second floor facing the courtyard and directly above my friends, how coincidentally convenient! To cut to the chase, my friends and I had a few not so common requests that were attended to immediately. One, I went to the front desk for my friend who forgot her toiletry bag and was immediately handed a toothbrush, toothpaste, and deodorant, no questions asked. We later asked the housekeeping staff as they were passing through where we could get a bowl for our nachos and salsa that we brought along with us. They suggested checking with the front desk and / or kitchen but within a few minutes, one of the young ladies knocked on our door with 2 different varieties of "to go" containers, asked if that would do, and said we could keep them. The hotel was booked full this weekend for a sorority reunion that we were attending, and we had another friend who did not book in time. As it turned out, the front desk did find an accommodation when receiving a last minute cancellation and notified us immediately of that availability. This is the kind of service worth praising and passing along!

Room Tip: Just make sure you face the indoor courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gloria H
HI_GuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you Gloria H for the glowing review of your stay at the Holiday Inn, Indiana, PA. We are certainly glad you had such a great time!

We strive to ensure our guests are pleased with their stay and are happy to have met your needs.

Please stop by next time you visit Indiana, PA!

Best Regards and happy travels!
Harrisburg, PA
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night during IUP's homecoming weekend. We checked in late and were anxious to get some rest. The room was clean and spacious - I have no complaints about the cleanliness. I did not care for the location of our room though. This was the first time that we ever stayed here and I did not know that a lot of the rooms circled around the center indoor pool area. So if someone decides to take a running jump into the pool while talking loudly with their friends at 3 in the morning, it is going to wake you up, just like it woke us up. Also, being so close to an indoor pool, everything in the room seemed kind of damp. This hotel is close and convenient to IUP. The front desk staff was very friendly and attentive during the check in process. There is a lounge and restaurant here, but we did not stay long enough to try either of them out. Overall our visit was fine, but I don't know that I need to stay here again.

Room Tip: If any rooms are available away from the indoor pool, stay in those rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
HI_GuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Thank you, CrowDH, for taking the time to write a response regarding your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn in Indiana, PA. We pride ourselves on excellent, friendly service and cleanliness - and thank you for recognizing that :)

We do close our courtyard and pool at 10 PM, for the very reason you mentioned. And I sincerely apologized that you were awakened.

Thanks again for your feedback - we appreciate it, as it helps us to better serve our guests.

Best regards! And safe travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indiana
Hilton Garden Inn Indiana at IUP
Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Ebensburg

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Indiana? Share your experiences!