“Really disappointed in Holiday Inn” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Indiana

Park Inn by Radisson Indiana
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Indiana
Virginia
“Really disappointed in Holiday Inn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just stayed here this past weekend. A/C was out in the pool, lobby, gathering area and hallways. Plans for family reunion to meet in the atrium didn't happen - too hot. Upon arrival on Friday afternoon, front desk young man was nice but appeared new and didn't have answers to questions. When 2 staff members walked by, he asked them our questions and they answered but with rude attitude. Restaurant was EXTREMELY slow! Friday night's waitress, however, was absolutely pleasant!! Highlight of the weekend. Food ok. Sat. morning waitress seemed to be unhappy that she had to work. Hostess that morning was decent, however. Rooms are old. Toilet tank had a cover that wasn't the right size or shape. Room didn't have fridge. Others in the family did. One guest inquired about our rooms getting one and was told they were out. I just expected a little better for a 3 Star. Perhaps I've just gotten used to 4 Star hotels.

Room Tip: Gas Industry has most of hotel so if you need to request rooms far in advance.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear EcKcTrip,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We are truly sorry for the issues you experienced while staying with us. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Morgantown, West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here for work related travel. The room was very old and dimly lit. I felt like I was in a dark, mildewed dungeon. Also, while I stayed there was a problem with the hot water. I had to run the water for about 15 minutes before it would get hot enough to shower. They also claim that outside doors are locked and can only be opened with key card for safety purposes. The locks were visibly broken during my stay and judging from other reviews I have read, they have been for awhile. Staff was friendly, but hotel needs updating.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank burgher123
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear mark k,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. It is most disappointing to hear your room condition during your stay did not live up to your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Connie D
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Indiana hotels

Hudsonville, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I'll start by saying it was not the greatest experience. I stayed there with two kids- 7 & 10 yrs. old. We arrived later at night, and were hungry. The restaurant was very good and the most positive of our experience. Our room was average....older and a bit run down. You could tell they tried to touch up the paint on the metal bathroom door and didn't quite match the color. There was an inch of black mold around inside of the rim of the toilet bowl which I didn't notice right away, otherwise we would have changed rooms or hotels. The pool was good. Didn't get much sleep due to the rowdy people running up and down the hall banging on our door periodically. Called the front desk twice. The security guard camped out by the door and it finally stopped. After having driven for 13 hrs that day, I was not happy. The staff was good. When I showed the manager the picture of the mold, she seemed genuinely concerned and apologized about the noise. They gave us a $50 credit off the bill, but all in all, I probably won't stay there again.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Suzanne K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Suzanne K,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the behavior of other guests prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I'm currently here in Indiana on business for 2 weeks. The property is close to shopping, grocery and restaurants. The facility has all of the amenities you've come to expect from a Holiday Inn. They have a beautiful indoor atrium with a pool and fitness center. They also have a restaurant and bar on site. The property is everything one needs for a business trip.

Now, the reason I am writing this review is because of the outstanding customer service. I couldn't wait until I got back to Los Angeles to write this because hotel management and staff deserve to be recognized immediately. Angela, Gina and Keith have gone above and beyond the call of duty to ensure my stay is comfortable. When I needed detergent to wash my clothes, Keith was there for me. When I needed directions Angela wrote them out for me. When I needed advice on what to do on the weekend while here, Gina wrote down a bunch of choices and brought the list to my room!

Since I'm here for two weeks, I asked for a refrigerator (because being here so long I wanted to buy some groceries instead of eating out everyday). One wasn't available the first week but Angela asked me to check back this morning. You will never believe what she did? Since she couldn't find one in the system, she asked me if I would like to change rooms? Well, I'm here another week so I said, "Sure, I'd love to". So I packed my bags and headed to the front desk. Angela doesn't work on Sunday but she had left a note in my account so Keith was quickly able to pull up the change. I got the new keys and headed to my new room excited that I was going to be able to head to the grocery store. Well, I opened the door and wouldn't you know she upgraded me to a SUITE!! And I'm not talking a little extra room...I'm talking an apartment sized suite!! Full kitchen with stove and full size refrigerator. A huge 2 sink bathroom with jacuzzi tub and a master bedroom big enough for my whole family! WOW!

Talk about making someone feel at home. Here I am in a city and state I've never visited. I'm away from my wife and kids for 2 weeks and feeling a bit down. Now I'm rejuvenated and feel incredibly grateful. Angela didn't have to do this. She could've just found a room with a refrigerator and I would've been happy. But she went the extra distance. And you don't find that too often. A small act of kindness goes so far with people. Doing something extra, when you can, can make a HUGE difference. So, thank you Angela and to the entire staff here at the Holiday Inn. You have made my stay and I'll never forget it. You've raised the bar when it comes to customer service. So many places don't understand what customer service means yet you guys deliver with EXCELLENCE!!

When you come to Indiana, Pennsylvania there's no other choice but to stay at the Holiday Inn. Do yourself a favor and don't bother reading about other hotels. Stay here and be treated like family!

BRAVO HOLIDAY INN...BRAVO!!!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool are quietest.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank mikevideo
New Castle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a softball trip. When we got there front desk was friendly. The hotel is outdated but does have a decent indoor pool and arcade. Our room was small and especially the bathrooms. Breakfast cost us 42$ for 3 people. so if you go there would recommend going elsewhere for breakfast. It's just a OK place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear trahen,

Thank you for staying and taking the time to review our hotel. I'm delighted with your kind comments regarding our hotel staff and pool facility.

As for our breakfast offerings, it is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our guests with our rates, but to instead offer options that make sense. Nevertheless, we always appreciate comments from our guests. We will use your feedback, including the ones about our rooms, in making decisions to improving our facility so we can serve you better in the future.

Faith R
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

My husband and I were in Indiana for an IUP Alumni event this past weekend. We chose this hotel because IUP had a special rate on a block of rooms here. We travel quite a bit and stay in different properties, but this was the first time we stayed at a Hoilday Inn. It reminded me of a motel with the room entrances on the outside, so that was my first inkling that this might not be so good. The room was average. No real frills. Surprisingly the bed was pretty confortable, but everything else in the room was old and was definitely showing its age. There was a lot of dust and cobwebs in the room. Clearly the cleaning staff did not do a throrough job when cleaning the room.

What I found very disturbing however was that although our bed was "made up" the next day after we returned, there was an indention in the pillow and wrinkled sheets, which made me wonder if someone had laid down on the bed after they made it! I've never seen that in MY LIFE!!!! Traveler beware!

I saw another review where someone complained about not having hot water. We experienced the same on the second day. The water was lukewarm, definitely not hot. The front desk staff did comp us $20 for the room not having hot water. At least they tried to make amends.

We did take advantage of the breakfast buffet on Sunday morning. Just last month I went to the Holiday Inn (Harrigan's) in Uniontown, PA for their breakfast buffet..it was so delicious, I decided to try this one. Needless to say I was disappointed. The food was pretty much lukewarm...just like their water!! They did not have anything near to the selection of the Uniontown Holiday Inn, which had both a chef stationed at thea waffle and omelette bar.

We stayed long enough for them to bring out hot food, and I quickly got rid of my cold food . Also surprising the drinks were not included, as they were at the Uniontown location. I did not feel it was worth the $9.99/per person.

And finally, my husband was more than a bit disappointed....it was March Madness and he tried to catch a game in between our alumni activities. Unfortunately, the selection of channels was very slim and we had to settle for a movie on HBO.

Overall. I would say...we will not be returning to his property on our next trip to IUP.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dana S
Management15701, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review in reference to your recent stay at the Indiana Holiday Inn. We appreciate the feedback and it is with this that we can continue to grow in our service efforts.

I apologize that you found our hotel to be lacking during your recent stay. As you can see from previous reviews: dusty, improperly serviced rooms are not the norm. I have forwarded your comments onto our housekeeping manager and she will be addressing with the housekeeping staff.

I have also forwarded your comments in reference to our breakfast buffet to both our F&B Manager and Chef. They are currently re-evaluating what we are serving on the buffet and for what price so that we can ensure a quality product is being offered at a valuable price.

Lastly, your comments about the water temperature are most concerning, as it indicates a maintenance issue that needs to be addressed. If you would please contact me directly to let me know what room you stayed in so that they issue can be resolved for future guests, I would really appreciate it. I can be reached at akellar@hhlhotels.com.

Again, you feedback is invaluable and much appreciated. We know you have many choices while travelling and we are thankful that you chose the Indiana Holiday Inn. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will give us another try the next time you are in Indiana, PA. We look forward to your return.
Frederick, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

was in town for 1 night to attend a funeral. Room was average and was probably last updated 10 years ago. Our room was on the second floor overlooking the indoor pool. There must have been a traveling youth hockey team (or teams) staying there also. There were about 20 to 30 under 12 yr olds in the pool. Very Very noisy. The pool was open until 10pm so if you need to be in bed earlier than 10pm, ask for a room as far away from the pool as possible. The noise was pretty much over with when the pool closed at 10, but there were still kids running around and playing on the pool table which was also right below our room.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HI_GuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you Joh m for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn, Indiana. We did indeed have some hockey teams in that weekend and am deeply sorry that the noise affected your stay.

Again, our deepest apologies!

Best Regards and happy travels to you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indiana
Hilton Garden Inn Indiana at IUP
Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Ebensburg

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Indiana? Share your experiences!